Chapter 14- Hospital Hospitality

It was so cold. I was so cold. I was still strapped down to the metal table, unable to move, unable to scream due to the burning in my lungs. Slowly, I felt blood dribble down the side of my head once more.

Salty tears accompanied the crimson liquid, forming a small pool of torture by my hair. After being thrown in this room, abused, strapped down, I had already given up. Pain coursed through me. I had been gone,for, I don't know, a day maybe. They took videos, pictures, taunting Damon. Originally, I attempted to fight them off, kicking and screaming, injuring as much as I possibly could, but they were too strong, too ruthless.

They beat me down, hard. I can't recall the amount of times I begged as they slammed my head against the floor. They filmed me, laughing as they stripped me naked. More fresh tears came as I recalled my final moments with Damon. I'm going to die.

Suddenly, I heard the door to the left of me open. Immediately, I closed my eyes, praying they'd just leave. I heard a slight gasp, and then footsteps rushed towards me. My fear forbid me to open my eyes, but at the same time caused my body to shake as tears slid down my cheeks.

"Sweety, we need to get you out of here." My body stiffened. Opening my eyes slightly, I felt alarm signals run through my brain. A woman stood staring at me, pity in her eyes. But something was off, I had never seen her before in my life. However, my instincts were pushed away at the promise of leaving.

"Help.. please.. get me out of here." My words were begged between sobs, barely understandable. She smiled gently, a slight hint of success glinting in her eyes, I ignored it. She might get me out of here, she must feel sorry for me.

Suddenly, a man appears in the doorway "Get her the fuck out of here now!" That's when I began thrashing, screaming. It was one of the men that brought me here. Tears seeped uncontrollably as the woman quickly unstrapped me, attempting to pull me up and out of the room.

That's when I noticed the shouts, the gun shots. I pulled away, shouting and crying, this woman wasn't on my side. Another man came into the room, attempting to haul me over his shoulders as the woman was dragging my arms, angry now. "You took too fucking long! Quick!" He shouted, a thick accent laces to his words.

"No.. get off me!! Stop!!" I wailed, my words cracking from the amount of strain. "Stop.. struggling bitch." The man mumbled, attempting once more to throw me over his shoulder like a slaughtered pig. More gun shots erupted, closer this time. I had a feeling, they wanted me to leave so bad, why? I figured I needed to fucking stay because whoever they were running from, was their enemy, not mine.

"Help!! I'm in here!! He-" My words ended abruptly as his fist hit my face. I collapsed in the mans arms as the woman cried out. "No!! Stop, help!" Despite attempting to yell, my words were barely audible above the corruption outside. I was being dragged out, I needed time. I began thrashing once more, using every ounce of my energy.

Another gunshot erupted, closer his time. And then all of a sudden I was slammed to the ground. The man carrying me had collapsed. I didn't know what was going on when all of a sudden pain ran through my body once again. I cried out once more.

"I said don't fucking shoot him while he had a fucking hold of her!!" I recognised that voice. "D..Damon?" My words were whispered, but suddenly my question was answered with the sudden feeling of his body against mine. He lifted my head up with his hands, resting me on his lap. "Saige? Saige open your eyes it's me, I'm here!" I felt his hand cup my cheeks and he moved the hair out of my face.

Opening my eyes, my body visibly relaxed. Damons eyes, filled with sorrow and pain, stared into mine. I broke down crying. Soon enough I was hauled into his arms, as, I assume, he carried me out of the building, constantly muttering "I'm so sorry, I love you so much."

As we reached outside, I clung onto his shirt more. "Saige, oh my god Saige!!" I opened my eyes, recognising the voice. I was passed into my fathers arms and before I knew what was happening, placed into the back of our car. Lacey was there. She immediately began crying as she hugged onto me desperately. "Oh my god Saige, this is all my fault!" I hushed her, wrapping my arms around her.

***********

Slowly but surely, light began seeping through the slit shape my eyes were in. Upon opening them, everything had been blurry, unfocused. But gradually, I noticed a large figure to the side of me, and a figure, at the end of the room, in front of me. Immediately hands cupped mine as I attempted to sit up. "Daddy." I murmured as my dad clung on to my waist. My eyes drifted to the second figure in the room. Damon.

He stood leaning against the wall adjacent to my bed, crossed legs and head down. "Dad, can I have a moment alone with Damon please." Damons head lifted up, his eyes meeting mine. My dad nodded, "Sure hunny, I'll be back in 10 minutes with your mother, she just went to get some coffee." He smiled, cupping my cheek before getting up and leaving.

As soon as the door shut, an uncomfortable atmosphere takes over. I feel so self conscious- laid there, him towering over me.

"I'm so sorry." He mutters, and I take a sharp inhale of breath. Never have I seen him sounds so weak, so hurt... so broken. My eyes well up slightly. "Don't be Damon." He closes his eyes "none of this is your fault, and don't you doubt that for a minute." I look him square in the eye as he moves closer to me.

He brushes a single tear off of my cheek "You'll never be safe around me, danger, it follows me Sage." I shake my head. "No! I don't care Damon, I don't give a shit, you're not doing this to me again."

I don't have to clarify what 'this' is, we both know. A wave of fear takes over me, he can't leave me again, I know the truth. He can't do this. "Damon please don't do this to-" I'm silenced suddenly by his lips on mine. We both noticeably relax.

His eyes catch mine as he releases my mouth. "I don't think I could leave you even if I tried."

This time, I do the instigating. Grabbing his hair I push his lips to mine, passionately kissing the life out of him.

God save me.

*************
VOTE AND COMMENT!