Chapter 23- Run Away

My breath increased and I could feel tears building up. Who the fuck was this sick bastard? My lungs began to burn as panic arose inside me. Whoever was in my house new I was here, alone. Pausing for a split second, I forced myself to calm down and think rationally. Looking around I trained my mind to think of the best place I could hide.

There was only one door that allowed access in and out of my bathroom, and it lead to my room. Quickly sprinting lightly, in order to be as quiet as I possibly could be, I entered my room, my back stiffening as I heard a slight noise from outside my room. Entering my walk-in wardrobe, I shoved myself between boxes of shoes, right in the corner, before turning off the lights.

Grasping my phone, I breathlessly attempted to text Damon, but nothing would send. Tears built again as the frustration arose, No Service was printed against the top of my phone and I furiously shoved it to the side of me, praying that whoever was here, wouldn't find me.

I heard heavy footsteps, they were in my room. I whimpered slightly, stroking my belly lovingly, I wouldn't allow my baby to feel my fear. Jumping, a gunshot rang through the air.
I closed my eyes and fisted my hair, desperately attempting to calm my breathing. Grabbing a high heel close to me, I gently snapped the heel off, atleast I had some sort of weapon.

Without warning the wardrobe flew open, a figure blocking much of the light of the room. I immediately lunged, screaming as I pierced his arm with the heel. Adrenaline pumped through my system, I was prepared to do anything for my child's life.

Screaming, I smacked my head on the floor as he dragged me to the floor. I thrashed and screamed with all my strength, kicking and punching at anything I could. Managing to knee him in the groin, his grip slackened slightly, giving me time to push out of his grasp. Quickly getting to my feet I went to run out of the room but was soon stopped by a grip on my ankle. I noticed his gun at the doorway to the walk in wardrobe and desperately scrambled to get it.

He dragged me back viscously, resulting in a yelp of pain as my ankle twisted beneath his grasp. Clambering on to me once more, he gripped at my neck, pushing down on my oesophagus. My eyes watered as an increased pain in my neck grew. I was desperate for air, my eyesight growing blurry by the minute.

Refusing to give in, for my child, I guided my arm to what I presumed was his face. Catching his eye, I dug my nail into the socket, my body slackening as breathing became even harder. Thankfully, his grip on my neck weakened, allowing me a long needed breath of air. My freedom wasn't long lasting though, his hand caught my face, gripping as his other fist went to punch me.

My head throbbed as he grunted angrily. I screamed out in pain, thrashing my legs desperately, however his weight was crushing me to the ground.

However without sudden warning, the sound of an all too familiar gunshot pierced the air around us. I closed my eyes in fear as the bullet ripped through the man on top of me. Blood spilled on to me and I cried out in disgust as he man slumped backwards on to the floor, clearly dead.

Damon was next to me instantly, through a tearful and blurry eyesight I could see his extremely worried expression, I simply cried into his shoulders as he hoisted me up into his arms.

"Shh, Saige I need you to calm down, you're safe, I'm here." My head was throbbing and my neck was burning. His lips were on mine, instantly calming me before his arms wrapped around mine. He carried me out of the room, ordering Jose to "Clean up the mess."

*******

Hours later and I was still a shaking mess. Bruises littered my neck, thankfully however, a doctor had arrived to stitch the cut on my head. He had given me pain killers, although they hadn't really worked.

Damon hadn't stopped staring at me, I could see the clear guilt and anger in his eyes. He blamed himself, that much was clear.

"Damon, how did you know to come?" I asked, my voice slightly weaker than I wanted. "I had a bad feeling, as soon as I left you something told me to go back." He said, finally removing his eyes from me in shame. I hated that he clearly blamed himself, none of this was his fault, I knew the risks of being with him, I chose to be put in danger.

"Where were security? Why didn't they hear?" I asked, angered at the fact that the man so easily waltzed into my house without a fucking problem. "They had been drugged, this was no random attack Saige, he-" Damon paused, stuck on whether or not he should say what was coming next. "He..?" I asked, urging him to continue.

"He was working for the men that took you before, his tattoo.." Suddenly, Damon stood up in anger, punching the wall. "God damnit this is all my fucking fault, I didn't think they'd dare come for you again." He growled, looking into my eyes. Having heard enough, I got up and made my way towards him.

He didn't look at me, it was almost as if he was ashamed. Grabbing his head, I lifted his lips to mine, kissing him deeply. Upon immediate touch, I felt his body relax, he needed this, he needed to know I didn't blame him, that I still loved him. Kissing him harder before releasing, I pressed his forehead to mine.

"You need to stop blaming yourself Damon, it's never been your fault and it never will be. I chose to have theses risks, I love you, regardless of any dangers. You saved my life today Damon, like you have on so many occasions before-" I was cut off by his lips on mine. Gripping my arse cheeks, he hoisted me into the air before settling me down on his bed.

Breaking apart, he leaned over me, staring into my eyes. "I love you so fucking much." I closed my eyes, releasing a long breath as I savoured the moment. Suddenly I felt his hands reach the hem of my hoodie before pulling it swiftly over my head. He groaned at the sight of my nude chest before kissing his way down between the valley of my breasts.

"I would lay down my life for you." He whispered against my skin, before rising back to lips. "I know." I whispered back before pressing his lips to mine once more. My jeans were slowly pulled off as his passionate kiss attacked my mouth. Soon enough I was naked beneath him, squirming in pleasure as his talented mouth and fingers made their way around my nude skin.

"I know." I whispered again.

********

I laid naked and breathless against his chest, the moonlight being the only thing illuminating the room. My body lifted and lowered slightly as Damons strong breaths emitted beneath me. I kissed his neck lightly. "Sometimes the words you say frighten me." I speak quietly, breaking the peaceful silence of the room. I look up to see him looking down at me confused. "What do you mean?" He asks, obviously not wanting to be the cause of any negative emotions in my life.

"When you blame yourself, it scares me. The more you blame yourself for the dangers around me, the more I think you're going to leave me." I feel his breath catch in his throat before his arm cups my waist tighter, pushing me closer to him- if that was possible.

"I could never leave you Saige, not now." He stroked my stomach. "You and our baby, that's my priority. Fuck everything else, you're all that matters." He closed his eyes. "I can't loose you."

His voice was barely a whisper, tainted with fear and loneliness. "You won't." I said, kissing his lips in order to prove my point.

"Why don't we leave? Run away from here, buy a big house with a nice garden, raise our children, fuck everyday and grow old together." He said and I giggled. "I'm being serious Saige, I don't want you in this town anymore, let's raise a family, away from all of this bullshit."

I sighed and lowered my head. "You know we can't do that Damon, what about your work, our families, we can't just run away from it all."

"Fuck everything else! No one else matters."

"Damon stop. You know more than me that were safer in a town that's yours. And who's to say they won't follow us?" I ask, rubbing shapes into his chest.

He grunted, finally defeated. "I just want you safe."

"As long as you're hear, we are safe." And with that, I fell asleep, once more in his arms.

*********
VOTE AND COMMENT!