Chapter 2- Sushi, Shopping, Stupidity

"Where have you been?" My body stiffens due to the all-too familiarised tone of my father's questioning. Just as I'm about to reveal my previous whereabouts another voice interrupts the silence. "I would like to know the answer to that question too." Anwar. An amused chuckle leaves my throat "Come on guys, I'm 23 years old, don't you think I'm a little old for this interrogation?" An innocent smile appears on my face as I see their solemn faces lighten slightly. My older brother had always been protective of me, mimicking the actions of my father, who always remained with one eye glued to me.

Despite the slight ease, their sharp eyes never pulled back, causing a sigh to dramatically slide out- a little longer than necessary. "I was out with Lacey at the bar, a little issue arose, but it was all taken care of." I announced calmly, careful not to emphasise the 'little issue'. My fathers shoulders relaxed, satisfied with my answer, presenting relief. Whereas Anwar's posture stiffened angrily. "Damon again?" He breathed through teeth. My brother was never fond of the man, he understood the pain I went through after he broke my heart, he knew everything. I was very close to Anwar you see, being 4 years apart he acted as if I was still a young, innocent little child. He aimed to- and I quote- 'protect me from the dangers of the world'.

As did my father, however his approach towards Damon was pretty much the opposite. He was relieved to hear of his interaction in my everyday life. I've had many arguments over the matter, but every time he would simply say, "I know nothing bad will happen with him there." It fuelled my fire drastically every time, Damon didn't do this for me. It was as if I was his game, he enjoyed messing with my head and making his frustration towards me adamantly clear.

I simply nod my head , exiting the room for my bed. A slight headache was peaking and I wasn't prepared to wait around for it to deepen. "Goodnight" I yawned, making my way up the stairs of the grand old mansion. After thoroughly preparing for bed, I slid within the warm confinements of my quilts, snuggled as if in a nest. Once more I begin thinking about the situation I found myself in earlier tonight. Sure, I didn't want to go with that man, and his drunken demands frightened me slightly, but the idea of Damon turning up once more angered me much more.

When he had moved towards me, so close that his nose almost touched my cheek, my breath had stopped. I refuse to admit that I still had any kind of affection towards him, despite my womanly organs informing me otherwise... I hated his arrogance, possessiveness because, although that's thing that originally attracted us together, he used it as a weapon now. Once I cracked beneath him, like a weak and pathetic girl, he'd tempt me closer, sometimes kissing me deeply. Then once more return to his cold ways and find a solution to covering it up- an insult here and there, or avoiding me for a few days.

Soon enough the night turned to day as I awoke around 9 the next morning. Yawning positively, today was Saturday. Fucking yes. My long, chestnut hair fell effortlessly in waves around my head as I reached for my phone, checking the daily happenings of the social world.

Eventually, I decided to get ready, preparing to go to town. After hopping out of a well-enjoyed shower I proceeded to dry my hair slightly while preparing an outfit. Every now and then Damon appeared in my mind, however I swiftly pushed him out. He's everywhere I fucking swear, I'm sick to death of it. Shoving on some black flared-trousers, black boots, a blue halter and tanned corduroy jacket I left the house to my car. Applying a small amount of mascara and lip stain in the car- I didn't where much makeup- I reached for my phone to text Lacey.

Hey, in need of a girls day, meet me in the town centre? I messaged, and soon enough, in the space of around a minute, she replied eagerly stating she was already on her way. My best friend always knew exactly what I would ask and when, honestly we knew each other so well. Reversing my car into the miniscule parking area, I spotted Lacey at our usual meeting point. Her stunning ginger hair reflecting the sun in all its glory, illuminating the blue specks of her eyes. "Hey there hot stuff, how much?" I joked walking up to her as she abruptly lifted her head from her phone laughing. "Too much for you." She announced, I reached my hand to my heart, pretending to be hurt by her words. After a few giggles and catch-ups we headed to the nearest sushi bar.

"He turned up again? How many fucking times this week? Jesus Christ man." She ventilated to me across the table in a hushed voice. I shook my head, too many fucking times.

I was always thankful to her reaction towards him, she despised him. We were probably the only ones who saw the truth behind those inviting cold grey eyes of his. Just thinking about him had me envisioning those furrowed brows sitting above his piercing gaze. His medium length black hair tickling his neck. Fuck sake, I need to push him away again, he's worming back in.

Suddenly her phone broke the atmosphere of the restaurant as she fumbled through her bag in an attempt to hush the shrill music. "Mom? I'm out with Saige why?" A confuse look apparent on her face had me questioning the conversation. "Seriously? Right I'm on my way, stay sat down." She says ending the call. I turn my head to her, hinting that I intended to know the content of that phone call. "It appears my foolish mother has taken a tumble down the stairs, she thinks she's broken her foot, I'm sorry Saige I'm going to have to go." She announced, kissing my cheek. "Don't worry about it, hope she's okay." She drops her money before leaving the restaurant with one final wave and a smile.

Guess it's just me then. I didn't mind though, lone shopping time relaxed me.

After eating my sushi at an alarming rate I began browsing the usual shops, my green eyes catching anything they found remotely interesting. A couple of tops and culottes later, I find myself strolling through the busy streets, the cold air circling me like a predator. Watching people always entertained me, my eyes always trained into the highly juicy conversations and what-not. It was open entertainment. However, my eyes all of a sudden focused onto something I did not want to see. Damon and some of his gang members laughing along the path. They were approaching me unknowingly as pedestrians steered clear of them; I decided to take a page out of there book.

Swerving to the right I found myself in a slim alleyway leading to the backs of shops. Turning once more to check if my presence had been notified, I sped my way through the thick smoke secreting from the walls either side of me when suddenly a hand grabs my shoulder. I let out a frightened yelp as the force took me by surprise, pushing my back against the wall.

Looking up I met the alluringly mysterious eyes of Damon Sharpe, the very man I was attempting to avoid. "Now, now" he pressed me further against the wall, pushing his mouth to my ear. "Where are you running off to?" His breath fanned my ear in the most erotic way, and I'm disappointed that my arousal sky-rocketed. A sharp nip to my ear had me releasing a breath I hadn't known I had been holding. "Get off me Damon." I plainly stated, but even I didn't believe my demand. Part of me wanted him pressed close against me, whilst the other half was screaming at me to push with all my might. A sudden feeling of his lips against my neck had me closing my eyes, arching my back towards him. His arms wrapped around the back of my neck, grasping my hair, gently tugging me towards him.

I opened my mouth, but before I could attempt to protest, he used the opportunity to slide his tongue between my lips, kissing me roughly, like he was scared he would never get the chance again. His sudden raw magnitude had my mind clouded with lust. Sure, I hated this man, but the sexual tension built up between us was proving to be far more powerful. A slight weak moan escaped my lips unwillingly. I felt my cheeks reddening as his body stiffened against mine. He slightly pulled back. Looking into his usually cold eyes, I saw nothing but hunger, arousal. Taking a step back he eyed my stature, causing my insecurities to remind me they were there.

Suddenly, his eyes returned to the emotionless sight they usually were.

"Go home."

He plainly ordered, before about turning and exiting the alleyway, leaving me a hot and confused mess.

~~~~~~~~

VOTE AND COMMENT