Chapter 28- Shot Down By The Boss

Within minutes, mere minutes, the house was crammed full with dangerous people, mostly men, some women. I recognised a majority of them, but there were a few new faces, and a few missing too. Damon had told me to stay upstairs, but I had slowly crept to the staircase, resembling that of a child at night watching the tv from the bannister. I chewed on my lip as I watched Damon to the side of the room murmuring something, very angrily, to Carter.

"Right everyone." The authority and power radiated off of him, silencing their light chats immediately. A few even put out their cigarettes, you could clearly see the respect he got off his men. I have to admit, it did turn me on. I shook away such thoughts and focused on what he was saying.

"The damn Genovese have pretty much started a fucking war." A few faces paled, but most remained still, stern looks on their faces. "Luciano wants Saige." Once more I saw Damons frame tense as he had to repeat the realisation once more. "I'm gonna be operating out of town for a while, Carter will be in charge and will inform me on everything." He highlighted the word everything, scanning the eyes of the men in front of him. He stopped when his eyes caught the look of a braving man in the back. Suddenly, the mans balls had grown triple in size.

"You're weak, just fucking running from-" Damon had his gun out and had shot the man before he even finished his sentence. I jumped and closed my eyes, tightening my arms around my legs. How he had hit the man with such precision from so far away, in such little time with little preparation, it had me shaking. I whimpered slightly, but forced myself silent.

"If anyone else has a fucking problem I suggest you fucking say so now!" He roared, as a few people made eye contact with one another nervously. I felt sick, but continued to watch regardless. I knew that this was what Damon did, so why did it shock me so much? "I don't give a fuck if keeping Saige and our child safe makes me fucking weak, if anyone disagrees, get the fuck up here now!" Shocked expressions pasted the features of most in the room, shocked not only from Damons wild temper, but the fact that he was expecting a child. Damon hadn't told anyone, just to be careful, but now that we were leaving, I guess it didn't matter.

There was a lengthened silence as no one wanted/dared to say anything to the blood-boiling man in front of them. "Damn fucking right. From now on, be on the look out for those Genovese cunts, anything, you tell me or Carter immediately." He finalised, before giving Carter a brisk nod and exiting the room. "Clean that shit up." He growled over the silence, and left the room. Immediately bodies sagged and the light murmuring continued. I heard phrases about me, the baby, what was going to happen, how long 'boss' was gonna be gone. I trained my ears until I see Damon in the door frame opposite the staircase.

He stopped, noticing me with an angered expression, before softening his features. He made his way to the staircase, I stayed where I was, my back towards him. As expected, his arms wrapped around my waist as he buried his head into my hair, breathing in my scent as if it was his calming device. "I don't want you to ever see that side of me." He murmured, his head still buried between my neck. I let out a slight breath. I accepted him.

"Damon, it's okay. I chose this life, I chose you regardless of what you do." He tightened his hold on me. Carter had taken control of the room and was now addressing everyone with almost just as much authority as Damon, almost.

"I love you." I assured him, turning my head before laying a loving kiss on his oh so sweet lips. He pressed our foreheads together. "I love you, it terrifies me everyday how much I love you." My heart dropped, In a good way. When he revealed things like this, when he said things like this, it hit my full on. I terrified me everyday, how much he loved me, me. Why me? Just some ordinary rich girl who struggled to make friends because her daddy was a dangerous man.