Reapings ~ District and District Two

Loreli Lovecott's ( Escort) P.O.V:

I stand from behind the high red velvet curtains that shield myself and some camera crew from the view of the public. I am ecstatic! My first year as an escort. To think I of all people would be chosen for District One, it's truly an honour. I beam happily into the mirror as my stylists do my hair. They twist my bright blue locks into curls that hang by my shoulders. They add extensions to my lashes and paint my eye-lids a silver colour. My lips are glossed and they take me to a full scale mirror so i can see my blue dress that stretches to the floor.

I take my position behind the curtain and listen to the mayor finish up his speech.

'' So, in other words...the Capitol can do what they wish and if any of you try to resist we will wipe you out. Every single one of you and you'll end up like District Thirteen. Now, without further ado, I introduce your escort for District One, Loreli Lovecott!'' He says and smiles happily towards me.

I skip across the stage and receive two kisses on each cheek from the mayor. I smile at the crowd and most stare back, neutral expressions painted across their faces. However, in each age section, there are a couple of beaming faces smiling excitedly back at me. I walk up to the microphone and address the crowd.

'' Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour!'' I say, as instructed and then continue. '' As you all know, there will be six tributes from each district. It will be random so it could well be all boys! '' I pronounce and approach the reaping ball.

I stick my hand into the ball.

'' Giddeon-'' I begin.

'' I volunteer!'' Yells a happy male voice from somewhere in the audience.

'' Come on up, come on up!'' I say and see a tall, muscular boy appear from the ' seventeen year old' section. He walks up onto the stage, turns the the audience and bows.

'' What is your name?'' I question happily.

'' Linus Williams!'' He yells to the crowd as well as me.

'' Wonderfull! '' I scream and he sits down in one of the six chairs.

I go back to the bowl and stick my hand in. I ruffle the sheets of paper for some dramatic effect and pull out a slip.

'' Tina Kelling!'' I yell excitedly and hear a gasp.

A little girl steps out of the 'twelve year old' section and slowly shuffles towards the stage.

'' No! Wait, I volunteer!'' Screams a young girl and she comes sprinting from the 'sixteen year old' section and grabs the small girl. A peacekeeper grabs her and escorts her to the stage.

'' What is your name?'' I ask.

'' Ayla Kelling.'' She mutters back.

'' Ooh, how exciting! You took your sisters place. I thought a career would have.'' I say.

'' I am a career.'' Says Ayla and takes the seat beside Linus.

I slip my hand in again and pull out another slip.

'' Gina-'' I begin but am interupted again.

'' I volunteer! '' Says a girl already running towards the stage with a smile on her face.

'' What is your name?'' I ask.

'' Phoenix Mayflower!'' Replies the girl happily.

'' What age are you?'' I ask.

'' Eighteen!'' She smiles back and dashes over to join the other two tributes.

My hand goes into the bowl again and I churn the slips of paper about in the giant glass sphere. I can see the faces of some people getting impatient so I pull put another slip.