The Ultimate Games: Day Five

Universal P.O.V:

The posh Capitol voice of President Tiberius Snow booms throughout the arena. 

'' Wakey wakey tributes! I have some important announcements for you all today! As you know, the Capitol voted for special attractions and one they picked was the volcano in the arena. There is something very special about it as you all know, it is a ticking time bomb. They chose for a time limit to be put on the arena, of five days. If we do not have a winner by midnight tonight, on New Year's Eve, the volcano will erupt and kills all in it's path, meaning there will be no winner of this year's Hunger Games.

'How do we know how much time we have left?' You may ask, well, there will be opportunities later on today to get yourself a stopwatch and other useful items in a feast.

Next up, I want to say happy thirteenth birthday to the wonderful Bell Strange! We will be doing something for you later, don't worry.

That is all I have to say for now, I will talk to you all again in a few hours. For now though, good luck to all of you, thank you for such an entertaining year and goodbye to anyone that may perish before my next broadcast.''

Pod Pratchett's P.O.V:

As the broadcast concludes, a small silver package begins to descend towards me, the silver parachute glistening in the sunshine. I grab it as it comes into reaching distance, and pull it towards me. I first open the note attached.

Pod,
I am so proud of you, you can do this for me and Perrie,
Love mom 

I fold the note up and stick it into my pocket. She is right, I can win this and I will, for both her and Perrie. Some of the money I get can be given to Perrie's family. I have to toughen up and start playing this Game, for the sake of them.

I open the package, in it is some food, a drink and a nicer dagger than the one I already have, it's handle is black and feels very comfortable in my grasp. The blade itself is a glistening silver colour, and it catches the light of the sun. The blade is shaped differently to my other, instead of a straight blade, it is slightly curved with engravings of flames on it. I smile and stick it into my dagger scabbard.

I take an apple from the package and take a bite out of it, It crunches loudly and some juice dribbles down my chin. I wipe it off with my arm and take another bite, relishing the taste.

I open my bag to put the rest of the food away for now and see Perrie's coat. She wasn't wearing it when the prisoner attacked, so I managed to keep it. I bring it up to my face and take inhale through my nose, taking in her glorious scent still in the jacket. I hug the jacket, bringing it close to me and I find myself tearing up. I try to blink away the tears before they have a chance to fully form and I rub my eyes.

This is why I must win, for her, for Perrie.

'' I will do this for you.'' I say quietly under my breath, and head into the woods.

Dakota Reece's P.O.V:

I should just leave her, she is slowing me down and it might end up that we are the last two alive. I curse myself again, feeling horrible that the thought has occurred to me so many times. I sneak a glance at Amy, poor, innocent, defenseless Amy. Why am I such a bitch? How could I leave her to die? I am a terrible person.

'' What you thinking Dakota?'' Asks Amy, as if reading my mind. '' Everything alright.''

'' Yes.'' I smile.

See, she cares about me. She wouldn't leave me if it was the other way around and she was in my position. This is so unfair. I don't want to leave her, but it can't come down to just the two of us, it just can't.