The Ultimate Games: Winner's Interview

[ Check out the linked video for a book review made for me by a fan! ]

4 weeks Later...

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, please give a warm round of applause to this year's victor of the Ultimate Games, surviving from a pool of seventy two tributes, District Four's very own, Pod Pratchett!'' I scream enthusiastically as the boy walks happily onto the stage accompanied by his mother.

He is wearing a nice white tuxedo with an aqua blue tie, to represent that he is of District Four, the District of fishing. His hair has been neatly styled and his face shaved. He has been given a brand new, and highly advanced prosthetic arm as an extra for winning the Games. Pod and his mother take a seat in front of me, and after the crowd stops screaming his name, he greets me.

'' How are you Pips?'' I smile.

'' Great. What about you Pod? And of course you Cynthia.'' I reply, they both feel extremely well, with very good reason of course!

'' First of all Pod, I want to congratulate you on your immense achievement. It truly is amazing that you, someone with no experience really with weapons, and someone with a disability likes yours, you pleasantly surprised us all. You were, and I hope you don't mind me saying this, because I don't mean it in a bad way, the underdog of the Games.

'' Yeah, I suppose I was one of them.'' He responds.

 '' Shall we begin talking about the start of your journey? Let's go way back to the day of the Reapings.'' I smile.

'' Yes OK.'' He smiles.

'' What was going through your mind when you heard your name being called out by Ginerva, your District's escort?'' I ask.

'' Oh the obvious, how I am not going to stand a chance, how I will be dead at the beginning, and of course I was thinking about my mother.'' He says, and he takes his mother's hands in his. '' I was thinking about how if I died, she would be left alone.''

'' Yes, those feelings are natural.'' I begin. '' Poor you Cynthia, the amount of crap you have gone through is horrific, you really are a strong woman.''

'' Oh thank you Piper. I'm just glad to have my little Pod back home.'' She grins and kisses him on the head, causing him to blush a dark shade of red.

'' Mom!'' He protests and the crowd giggle.

'' Well you are not in your old home anymore are you? You have that lovely house in the Victor Village now.'' I smile.

'' Oh yes. It is lovely.'' Replies Pod enthusiastically, his mother nodding in agreement. '' I have my own bedroom!''

'' You make it seem like such a privilege, you really did deserve to win Pod.'' I smile. '' Now, let's move on to the training centre.''

'' OK.'' He smiles.

'' You didn't get top tribute in your District, Ben and Perrie got it, just goes to show how much you progressed as the whole process moved along.'' I say.

'' I completely agree with Perrie getting it, and I know I am going to be biased and all, but she is amazing with her bow.'' He says. '' No offence or anything to Ben's family or anything, but I don't know why he got it, he died at the very beginning.'' 

'' Yeah. I dunno. Maybe he was just better in the singular sessions.'' I suggest. 

'' Yeah. Probably.'' He replies.

'' Let's move on to the arena you first fought in.'' I suggest. '' What did you think of it?''

'' To be honest, it wasn't actually that bad, I mean, before the Ultimate Games, I reviewed the tapes of the three Games this year to see the techniques of my opponents and their arena's seems a bit harder. I wouldn't have liked to be in the water one, it would have brought back memories I'd rather keep shoved beneath the rug.'' He explains.