Finalist Interview: Maya and Bell

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Hello Panem! And welcome back to our final set of tribute interviews! Please give a warm welcome as I invite our last two finalists, Maya Griffin and Bell Strange onto the stage!'' I scream excitedly as the two girls make their way across the stage and sit down with me.

It takes a few moments for the crowd to calm down, they cheer happily for the two girls onstage with me, blow kisses and toss roses towards them. The two girls smile and blush, blow kisses back to the crowd and then turn to me. When the crowd quieten down, I smile back at the two girls in front of me.

'' Hello girls.'' I chime.

'' Hey.'' Smiles Maya.

'' Hiya.'' Grins Bell.

'' I will start with you Maya, you certainly have come a long way. I remember at the start you were so negative about this whole thing, You are much chirpier now.'' I smile.

'' Yeah. I was immature-'' She begins.

'' Was?'' Mutters Bell under her breath, just loud enough for myself and Maya to hear.

Maya ignores her though, and continues,'' I now I realise to just put my head down and keep my mouth shut. I mean, the Games haven't been as bad as I thought they'd be. Then again, the last arena I was in is probably no comparison to what the next will be like.'' She says.

'' Yeah. The Ultimate Games arena is going to be jam packed with lots of things, there will be dangers around every corner in there.'' I explain. '' Anyway, let's go all the way back to the day of the District Six Reapings, what was going through your mind as you heard you name being called?'' 

'' Fear. Anger. Relief.'' She begins, listing out different emotions.

'' Relief?'' I repeat, cocking an eyebrow upwards in confusion.

'' Only partially. I mean, if I hadn't been reaped, I would still be worrying about being reaped for two more years. Being reaped now means I no longer fear it as a possibility. However, it is still horrifying that it's now a reality.'' She explains and I nod in understanding.

'' Maya, you made an alliance with quite a few people, but they all perished very soon on in the Games, leaving you with just Jason. How did you feel about that?'' I ask.

 I notice Bell muttering angrily under her breath, but try my best to ignore her.

'' I know this is going to sound terrible, but I felt partially relieved, it meant there were a lot less people to care for, or split our supplies with. I felt me and Jason could survive on our own better.'' She explains.

'' Well you thought wrong didn't you?'' Spits Bell angrily.

'' Bell.'' I say and she silences. '' Please, wait your turn.'' 

She nods, but continues to glare angrily at Maya.

'' That makes sense.'' I begin with Maya. '' It is hard enough to take care of yourself in there, let alone others. What made you team up with Evan?''

'' Well he had so much equipment we could use.'' She begins.

'' The flint and steel?'' I question while smiling and she nods.

'' So you used Evan like you used Jason.'' Says Bell furiously.

'' No. I didn'y use Jason. Why can't you get that into your warped excuse for a brain? I loved him!'' Screams Maya, starting to tear up.

'' Girls!'' I yell, raising a hand and they quieten.

'' Sorry.'' Says Maya apologetically but Bell just stares angrily at her.