Hunger Games: Day Two

Mia Defour's P.O.V:

I never thought i could ever in my wildest dreams get this far and I owe it all to Phoenix. Because of her I am part of the career alliance and I am still alive. I have food, water, a weapon and shelter. We set a camp up in the cornucopia and shortly after the fighting ended we had all the findings sorted out in four piles. Food, drink, spare clothes, weapons, a sleeping bag each and some first aid equipment. Surviving the initial fighting was something I thought impossible for a girl like me, let alone settling within the cornucopia with careers from One.

Yesterday was horrific though, ten tributes were murdered, Daniel was one of them. the other twelve year old from my District. Out of the ten dead, five of them were from the career alliance which was unbelievable. The thirteen year old, Blue is alot stronger than he looks and certainly is merciless. He murdered at least three tributes yesterday, from what I saw his opponents stood no chance.

The other tributes escaped though, all with something from the cornucopia, Ayla, Misty and Odelia escaped with some shurikens and a slingshot. They got a small ration of food aswell but not nearly enough to last longer than a day. Pod and Perrie got loads, a bow, a dagger, two packs stuffed with lots of useful supplies no doubt but Reina managed to break the arrows Perrie needed. Blue and Bryce got a sword and mace, they all have things to protect themselves.

Last night, Reina and the others were talking about picking a group and hunting them down. The sooner we get out of here the better. These stupid Games are barbaric. Linus suggested packing up our gear and heading into the woods and just hope we come across some other tributes and it's likely that that's what we are going to do. It's best we make an effort to entertain the Capitol or they will take the matter into their hands.

'' Good morning Mia!'' Says Phoenix happily to me.

'' Hi Phoe.'' I reply.

'' We are leaving today.'' She says suddenly but quietly.

'' What?''

'' We are splitting up, Reina and Linus want to kill you. They say it will get the games done with quicker.'' She replies sternly.

I stare at her, eyes wide and jaw low in shock.

'' I will explain more later, pack your stuff and be ready to leave in five minutes.'' She says and begins to pack her stuff.

Blue Jackson's P.O.V:

'' Well we need to find food so let's head back to the cornucopia and take some from the careers.'' I say.

'' Are you mad?'' Replies Bryce shocked.

'' No, but I'm starving.''

'' We can't steal from them, they will kill us!'' He says.

'' They aren't strong enough, there is four of them, three even Mia is useless.''

'' Reina is vicious. Let's just find other tributes and kill them, then we take their food.'' He suggests.

'' How 'bout I go? I will head there now it's only a half hour walk. I will check out what they have and what's the best way to get it then we both return tonight and steal it while they sleep.''

'' They're hardly gonna sleep without a guard.'' He says.

'' Well we can't just wait around here for something to happen, I'm going to check it out, you stay in this area and hunt for animals or gather nuts and berries.''

'' Ugh, fine.'' He moans. '' Be back as soon as you can, and don't get yourself killed.''

'' Who are you my mother?'' I joke.