Interiews ~ District One

Nymphadora Nightlark's ( Interviewer ) P.O.V:
'' Hello and welcome to the interviewing stage of The One Hundreth Hunger Games! '' I smile happily to the crowd as they cheer wildly for their favourite tributes.

'' This year, we will be interviewing them District by District. In other words, six at a time! They will have to fight harder to get heard and hopefully get some sponsors! Now, let me introduce to you, the District One tributes, Phoenix, Reina, Linus, Howard, Ayla and Mitch!''

I smile happily at them as they climb the steps to the stage, wave to the addoring crowd and take a seat beside me.

'' Hello there, now let me start the thirty minute timer and we shall begin with the questions from Capitol viewers!'' I say and press the giant button.

The crowd cheers and I begin the questions.

'' Now, let's start with you Ayla, what did you mean by ' I am a career ' back when you volunteered for your sister?'' I ask, reading from a paper slip.

'' It means, I am a career.'' She replies.

'' Would you still have volunteered if it was another girl, not your sister?'' I ask her.

'' No, I had not planned to enter the games 'till I was eighteen, when I thought I would be fully ready. I don't the Quells, too many surprises.'' Says Ayla and looks at the ground.

'' Ok! Next question, Phoenix, did you get your ginger hair from your mother or father?'' I ask her, reading from the slip.

'' My mother, but she's dead now.'' Replies Phoenix and there are a few sympathic 'aws' from the crowd.

'' What made you volunteer, what if you don't make it out? Will your father be able to cope without you too?'' I ask her.

'' Well, I plan on making it out so that won't be a problem, then we can live somewhere nicer.'' She replies.

'' What do you mean? District One is definitly the nicest District there is, do you mean the Capitol? I question.

'' No, the Victor's Village, not everywhere in District One is as nice as other parts.'' Replies Phoenix and nods to say that is all.

'' Next question, Reina! How far are you willing to go to win?'' I ask.

'' As soon as I enter the arena, survival is all that is on my mind. I will make alliences at first, but in The Ultimate Games, anything goes.'' She replies sternly.

'' The Ultimate Games? Very ambitious aren't we?'' I joke and the crowd laughs.

'' I will get there. No matter who I must slaughter, I will get there.'' Replies Reina and smiles wickedly.

'' Persistance! I love it!'' I say and the crowd cheers again.

'' Linus, have you any preferred weapon you hope to see in the cornucopia?'' I ask.

'' I can't give too much away, but the gamemakers will soon find out in training.'' He replies.

'' Tell us!'' I beg and the crowd begins to chant my words.

'' All I will say is that it's a long range weapon.'' He smiles.

'' A bow!'' I hear someone from the crowd yell.

'' You will have to wait.'' He says again and the audience shouts a few more possible weapons.

'' Mitch, see any nice girls here? Perhaps an arena couple?'' I question.

'' There are a few pretty girls this year, but you can't get attatched to anyone here. People will disappear too fast once we enter the arena.'' He says and a few other tributes nod their heads.

'' Howard, you're awefully quiet.'' I say.

'' Well, you haven't asked me much.'' He responds.

'' What do you think you offer sponsors that the others don't?'' I question and the crowd silences.

'' I don't believe in sponsors, it's not really winning if you get things sent to you. You should have to fight for them.'' He says and Reina nods her head.

R-i-n-g!

'' I guess that's all we got time for from District One! Good luck tributes, we probably won't speak until after the games, when only eight will be left!'' I say, the crowd screams with excitement and the six careers exit the stage.