Capitol Update: Reapings

Nymphadora Nightlark's ( Capitol Interviewer ) P.O.V:

'' And three...two....one.'' Says the cameraman and the red light switches on.

'' Good evening Panem!'' I beam happpily into the camera. '' The reapings have concluded for our first Hunger Games in the year. There have been some new records set and we will get around to them later. But first, in accordance with the reapings for the second Games this year. The next reaping will be held in April. So Districts Five, Six, Seven and Eight...prepare yourselves!''

The next card is held up and I see I must now read out the list of tributes and say a piece on each District.

'' Now, for all you people who live like ostriches, if you do not know the tributes, here they are.

From District One; Phoenix Mayflower, Reina Wilcott, Linus Williams, Howard Duncan, Ayla Kelling and Mitch Jacobson! This is a full District of careers! There were also a few questions raised about Ms. Ayla Kelling, she volunteered for her sister, then claimed to be a career? Perhaps we will find out more in the interviews. Also, District One stands out strongly for me as they have the highest age average. District one averages at a seventeen years old, giving them a combined age of one hundred and three. The other Districts better watch out, District One seems threatening this year!''

The next cue card is held up, ' the same for District Two.'

'' From District Two, Jake Perron, Tom Bruce, Bryce Cameron, Blue Jackson, Daniel White and Mia Defour. It's interesting here, we have our youngest ever career, Blue Jackson, at the mere age of thirteen! There are four careers entering on behalf of District Two along with two tributes, both aged twelve, Daniel White and Mia Defour. District Two has a couple of young ones, twelve, thirteen, fourteen et cetera. The average age of Two is a small, fourteen years of age, making there combined age a mere eight six.''

The next card is held up, ' same for District Two.'

'' From District Three, Alexis Rose, Dawn Clementine, Misty Kaiser, Alicia Frost, Beth Harrison and Odelia Black. An all girl District, how wonderful! You'll show them boys won't you gals? It's been a couple of years since we've had a female victor...perhaps District Three will bring home the gold? This District is pretty young though, the average age is only thirteen making their combined age a seventy nine, it seems the age is shrinking as we move on! Some of you may look at these girls and think nothing, but i won't be surprised if their brains outweighs your brawn. I'd put money that District Three will have a place in The Ultimate Games.''

They hold up another card and I continue on with District Four.

'' Representing District Four, Fergus Smith, Ben Marsh, Oasis Talbott, Pod Pratchett, Perrie Falcon and Clayton Chelli! This District has given us two more careers to add to the wopping figure already. There are definitely a few interesting people that stand out for me from this District. Pod Pratchett, the boy with only one arm. How unfortunate, but then again if you can remember back to the ninetieth games when the little girl from eleven broke her arm, she made it to the top three, died of starvation...poor little thing. Anyway, I'd say Pod will have a few tricks up his sleeves, er sleeve. The ages in this District are pretty high, the average age is sixteen making it the second oldest District. They also have the combined age of ninety five! ''

The final card is held up, ' conclusion.'

'' So, I'm afraid that concludes are show for tonight, tune in tomorrow for the interviews, this year it will be done differently, we will interview them District by District...for those of you who are bad at maths, that's six at a time! So, if any of you Capitols have any questions for our tributes, feel free to send us in sime, but make them good, only the best will be asked. I'm Nymphadora Nightlark, and that's your daily Hunger Games update!''