Interviews: District Ten

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Welcome back our next set of tributes! From District Ten, it is Maverick, Rhiannon, Iris, Russel, Vinny and Rodrick!'' I yell and the crowd screams excitedly as the six children sit opposite me on the stage.

'' Hello tributes! I am going to start with Rodrick!'' I smile.

'' OK.'' He smiles weakly.

'' So, you are one of the people that didn't react well to being reaped, and in some ways I can relate to that, I guess you know yourself you have absolutely no chance of surviving...that must feel crap.'' I say and he simply stares appalled back at me for a few seconds.

'' Yes. Yes it does.'' He replies gloomily.

'' It was rather humorous when your father tried to volunteer himself in your place, wasn't it? I mean, it clearly states in the rules of the Hunger Games that nobody over the age of eighteen can volunteer, but I guess his young son's life is being taken so it's somewhat understandable.'' I smile.

'' Yeah.'' He says dully.

'' So, how have you found the Capitol. It's great isn't it?'' I question.

'' I just wan't to go home.'' He sobs, then begins to cry. There is an uncomfortably long silence and then the boy sinks his face into his hands.

'' OK...next tribute is, Russel Myers!'' I exclaim happily, ignoring the sobbing boy in front of me.

'' Hello Piper.'' He replies.

'' Are you prepared for the Games? It's not that long away you know.'' I smile.

'' I doubt one can ever really be ready for the Games, but I have accepted the fact that they are drawing closer and that I probably won't make it.'' He replies.

'' You're all so negative narwhals in Ten!'' I joke and that gets a few giggles from the crowd.

'' What do you expect? Have you ever actually thought about how barbaric-'' He begins.

'' Enough!'' I yell angrily, extinguishing his voice.

'' But it's-'' He begins again.

'' I said...enough.'' I repeat again. '' Now, back to the questions.''

'' OK.'' He says stubbornly, like a child being told they can't have sweets until they finish their vegetables.

'' Now then. What tribute are you least and most afraid of?'' I ask.

'' Well I don't know about most, because there are quite a few tough cookies here but as horrible as it sounds, I am least afraid of Amy.'' He responds.

'' Why is that?'' I ask, already knowing the answer but wanting to keep him off the subject of how horrible the Games are, that could make me end up like Nymphadora Nightlark, the previous interviewer.

'' Why the hell do you think?'' He screams sarcastically and storms off the stage.

'' Well then. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of there regal, mahogany, double, king sized bed!'' I laugh and so do the crowd.

'' Next up, let's have...Maverick!'' I smile.

'' Ask away.'' He smiles confidently.

'' Let me just start by saying how much I love you! It's exactly people like you that make these Games more entertaining...if only they were all like you, then we'd be in for a great treat!'' I laugh and he returns the smile.

'' Are you flirting with me?'' He jokes and the crowd erupt into laughter.

'' Oh God, I'm blushing!'' I giggle. '' Anyway, it was nice of you to take in Amy to your alliance.''