Finalist Interviews: Iris and Odelia

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Hello and welcome back to the finalists interviews, please give a warm Capitol welcome for our next two finalists, Iris and Odelia!'' I scream enthusiastically as the crowd cheer for the two small girls.

They make their way across the stage and sit with me, it takes a second for the audience to stop cheering and clapping, but when they finally quiten, and greet the two girls.

'' Hello girls, let me just start by saying a big congratulations for making it to the Ultimate Games! It really is an amazing achievement to get this far so again, congratulations.'' I chirp happily.

'' Thanks.'' They reply almost in perfect sync with each other.

'' Let's start with you Odelia, and let's go all the way back to the day of the District Three Reapings! What was going on inside your little head when you heard Devina call your name from the stage as she plucked out that slip with your name on it?'' I ask.

'' I was bloody terrified!'' She begins honestly which gets the crowd laughing. '' I mean, look at the size of me! I'm tiny! I was just as shocked though when I heard I had made it through to the Ultimate Games though.'' 

'' I bet you were, then again, most people would be.'' I say. '' It must be a great feeling though, knowing you are so close, knowing you have a chance at going home.'' 

'' I'm not sure if I have a chance, I mean I got here because of the alliance I was in and because eight people got through, only one can win the Ultimate Games, so unless everyone else in the arena spontaneously com busts, I don't think I can win.'' She says.

'' You never know, there may be a few tricks and twists in there and you might win without getting in a single brawl with another tribute.'' I say.

'' As much as I would love for that to happen, I highly doubt it!'' She laughs, yet I can still sense sadness in her tone.

'' Let's actually talk about your alliance, it started off with just yourself, Ayla and Misty so we will talk about that first. How exactly did it happen?'' I question.

'' Well we ended up in the same carriage on the train here, so we got talking. We were talking about the careers and how it's annoying how they always dominate the arena in there giant alliances, so we decided to make an alliance of our own. Myself, and my blowgun, Misty and her slingshot and Ayla with her shurikens.'' She smiles.

'' You three certainly had a weird collection of weapons.'' I smile.

'' Tell us about you joining up with Phoenix and Mia.'' I ask.

'' Well originally Phoenix invited Ayla to join her alliance, but she declined because of Linus and Reina and whatnot. She saw that Phoenix was taking care of Mia, just as Ayla was taking care of me and we knew we could trust them. It certainly paid off, most of us maid it out alive.'' She says.

'' Yes, you did. Poor Misty though, I quite liked her.'' I say. '' It must have been terrible for Ayla, she had the vial that would cure Misty, but Blue got it off her and saved Reina with it.'' 

'' Yeah, that's a pity. I would have much preferred if Reina perished, that girl is bad news!'' She says. '' And I really liked Misty too.'' 

'' She was a nice girl.'' I say comfortingly. '' Anyway, what is your plan for the Ultimate Games?'' 

'' Ayla and Phoenix run into the horn, me and Mia run away and we rendez-vous later on.'' She explains.

'' You think it will work? This arena is much bigger than the others, plus there are a lot more dangers lurking in the shadows.'' I say ominously.