Interviews: District Twelve

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage our six tributes from District Twelve!'' I yell happily as the six children make their way across the stage and sit facing me.

The crowd cheer and applaude and chant their favourite tribute's names.

'' Hello tributes! I think I will start with you Rikari.'' I smile and she returns the grin. '' Did I get that right?''

'' Yes. You pronounced it fine!'' She smiles.

'' So how are you Rikari?'' I ask. sounding out each syllable.

'' I'm grand. I'm actually quite excited to get into the arena. I'm dreading the training though, it's all a bit boring to be honest. I just want to get this over and done with.'' She explains.

'' Wow, relax girl. One thing at a time.'' I smile and she laughs along with the crowd.

'' Sorry.'' She replies.

'' It's fine. What do you kids call it these days? 'No boj'?'' I attempt and the crowd laughs.

'' Yeah,'' She nods while smiling.

'' Anyway. What weapon are you hoping to win at the cornucopia bloodbath?'' I ask.

'' A dagger. Well, two daggers. One for each hand.'' She explains.

'' Oh. So you're skilled with daggers?'' I ask.

'' Eh. Sort of.'' She admits.

'' Well, good luck in the arena!'' I smile.

'' Thanks!'' She replies enthusiastically.

'' Next up, Bell Strange!'' I smile.

'' Hi Piper.'' She replies.

'' You're an interesting one. It's very unusual you were reaped. Along with your cousin Jason who was reaped in the last Games, that's lucky.'' I smile.

'' Well. I think it's a sign. Jason was killed and I was reaped to avenge his death, by killing Maya.'' She grins.

'' Why do you blame Maya for your cousin's death?'' I ask.

'' If he hadn't been going out with her, he could've gotten a decent alliance set up and he'd still be alive today if it were not for her.'' She explains angrily.

'' I see. Is there anything you wish Maya to hear?'' I ask the girl.

'' Yes.'' She says, turning to look directly at the camera. '' Maya Griffin, you killed my cousin. I am going to get past this stage, make it to the Ultimate Games and tear you limb from limb.''

'' Fiesty!'' I smile and the crowd laughs after Bell smiles back at me.

'' You're in a pretty big alliance. Do you think that is a wise move? It may mean your alliance will be targeted because of it's numbers...and then you could never avenge your cousin.'' I suggest.

'' Nah. There is strength in numbers. I will make it through and I will be the one to kill Maya Griffin, mark my words.''

'' Good luck!'' I smile. '' Next up, we have David Black!''

'' Hi Piper.'' He replies.

'' Can I just start with Grace? Is she a girlfriend of yours?'' I ask.

'' Yes.'' He says, his smile vanishing.

'' She seemed pretty sad to see you reaped. Poor girl.''

'' I am going to win this for her.'' He explains. '' At least this stage, just so I can have some more time with her before the Ultimate Games...I didn't treasure the time I had with her. If I make it through I won't make that mistake again.''