Training Day One

Fern Parker's P.O.V:

'' I certainly hope that you all have had a good nights sleep and a big breakfast because you are going to need all the energy you can get for today. In a few moments, I will open the doors and you will have six hours in here, then at six o' clock we will break for dinner and it is optional to return after. Remember, once you go inside, you are constantly being watched so do your best to show off all your skills. Good luck!'' Grins Remmington Ralley, he Head GameMaker as he opens the set of double doors and we flock into the giant training hall.

'' OK. We will head to the first aid.'' Smiles Iris to Bell, pointing at myself and Robert.

'' Cool. See you later.'' She replies and runs off to one of the other stations.

'' Hello and welcome to the first aid station.'' Smiles a man as we approach.

'' Hi.''' I reply politely.

'' OK. Let's get started. We will first do some water safety and rescue.'' He says and takes out a dummy. '' I am going to show you how to do some cardiopulmonry resussitation or C.P.R for short. C.P.R is an emergency procedure used to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore blood circulation. It consists of two breaths to every thirty compressions and an important thing to remembe when applying the compressions to the sternum is that you compress one third of the way in on the victims body. Also, another important note to take is that you should be making sure that you get one hundred compressions per minute. Although it is not very likely, C.P.R alone may work, and you should continue the compressions until the victim regains circulation or is declared dead.''

'' Can I try it?'' Asks Robert.

'' Sure. Go ahead.'' He replies happily.

'' Oh. Something else I forgot to mention.'' He says, interupting Robert. '' When doing the compressions, you must keep your arms straight, you are bending them and when breathing into the subject's mouth, you must seal the nose with your finger, that prevents the air you are breathing in to come straight back out.''

We watch as the chest of the dummy begins to rise with every breath Robert blows in and the station coach smiles and claps him on the back.

'' Good man.'' He says happily. '' You try girly.''

'' Me?'' I ask, even though I know he's talking about me.

'' Yeah. Go on.'' He replies.

I lean the subjects neck back to open the airway. I weave my hands into eachother, straighten my arms and the compressions.

In my head I count. One and two and three and four and....eleven and twelve and thirteen, fourteen...twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty.

I then move on to blowing the air in. I put two fingers of one hand on the chin of the dummy, making sure the airway stays open and with the other hand I block the nose. I take a deep breath, close my mouth over the dummy's mouth and exhale deeply. I see the chest slowly inflating and then deflating so I blow in the second breath and it inflates again.

'' Good girl!'' He smiles, then points to Iris. '' Now you.''

Iris is just as good as me but she doesn't attempt the mouth to mouth, she doesn't want to. Her compressions are good nevertheless and the coach applaudes the three of us as we leave his station.

Dakora Reece's P.O.V:

'' So this is your first time?'' Smiles the instructor for the bow and arrow station.

'' Yes. I want to be able to wield something other than a dagger. Being able to use a long range weapon is a valueble advantage, so I want you to teach me everything you know.'' I smile back.