Finalist Interview: Bonnie and Celia

Piper Papilon’s P.O.V:

‘’ Hello Panem and welcome back to the finalist interviews! Please give a warm welcome, to our next set of tributes, Celia Bruton and Bonnie Reale!’’ I yell happily as the two of them make their way onto to stage as the crowd go ballistic, screaming and chanting their names, applauding, waving and blowing kisses.

The two blushing girls take a seat beside me on the stage.

‘’ Hi girls.’’ I smile.

‘’ Hey Piper.’’ They reply together.

‘’Bonnie, I will start with you. How does it feel to be here? I mean, you wouldn’t be in this mess at all if you hadn’t been hunting beyond the fence, but did you imagine you could have gotten this far?’’ I ask and she takes a moment to take in my question.

‘’ I really didn’t think I’d make it this far, I mean, despite my skill with a bow and arrow hunting animals, I didn’t think humans were the same.  But I am pleased to be here and have gotten this far.’’ She explains.

‘’ Do you think you can win?’’ I ask.

‘’ Maybe, but probably not. Anyway, I wouldn’t really want to, my family is dead so it would mean more to someone with a family to feed. I mean, if I won, I would be alone in a house. If someone else won, they and their family would survive.’’ She replies. ‘’ Do you know what I mean?’’

‘’ Yes. That makes sense.’’ I smile. ‘’ Who do you want to win?’’

‘’ Celia.’’ She replies immediately and I grin.

‘’ Tell me, how did end up joining Celia and Caine in an alliance of three?’’ I question.

‘’ I don’t know really, that was quite some time ago, but we were kind of drawn together randomly and we decided to team up, which I felt was very effective. It’s a pity I survived instead of Caine though, he deserves to be sitting here now.’’ She replies.

‘’ Tell us about training. You managed to receive a spot as one of the top two tributes of Seven, how did that feel?’’ I ask her.

‘’ Oh it felt great. I have had loads of practise before while I hunted so I found it easy.’’ She explains.

‘’ I bet it did. Would you rather have had no experience with bows, and not have been sent here?’’ I ask.

‘’ Oh definitely not, if I hadn’t experience with bows, I wouldn’t have been able to hunt, and my family would have died years ago.’’ She explains.

‘’ I get you.’’ I say whilst nodding understandingly.

‘’ I really regret going out hunting though, I just wanted to have something special to eat on Reaping day. I guess it could have been easily avoided.’’

‘’ Ah well, you’re here now so it doesn’t matter. There is no point wishing you could change the past, just make the most out of the present. When I was younger, my mother used to say, ‘ cherish the past, make the most out of the present and create the future’.’’ I smile.

‘’ I guess. I just hope I don’t die at the beginning, although I don’t want to win, I want to make sure Celia does, so I will stick with her until the bitter end.’’ She says heroically.

‘’ Aw thanks Bon.’’ Smiles Celia and hugs her friend.

‘’ Let’s move on to you then Celia. Tell us, what was going through your head as you heard your name being called?’’ I ask.

‘’ There were so many thoughts flooding my mind, my life literally flashed before my eyes. Then I thought about my friends and then my family. I kind of had to pause for a second to let the reality of what was happening sink in. I mean, when I was on the train, I kept remembering what was happening and getting depressed again. It was a horrific feeling I didn’t feel again until the sixty second countdown in the arena.’’ She explains and I can tell saying this is taking a lot out of her.