Interviews ~ District Three

Nymphadora Nightlark's ( Capitol Interviewer ) P.O.V:

I stare into the mirror. Snow is a clever man, when he doesn't brutally kill you, he beats you sensless. If he needs you, but wants to punish you then he will hurt you in hidden areas, stomach, legs, and other parts of the body that are covered so nobody suspects anything.

'' Camera rolling in five minutes!'' I hear a member of the camera crew yell.

'' On my way.'' I scream and sprint down the hall towards the stage entrance, District Three's six female tributes are waiting in position and I lead them out to their seats on stage.

'' Hello Panem! The interviews are now continuing, please welcome to the stage, District Three's tributes!'' I say and the crowd goes mental. '' Our all girl District! Now, let's get this party started!''

I push the giant timer and the clock begins to count down from thirty minutes.

'' Let's start with you Alexis, your Three's oldest tribute at sixteen years of age, how does it feel?'' I ask.

'' Crap.'' She responds and the audience laughs.

'' At least she's honest.'' I joke. '' So, will you be allying with anyone?''

'' Maybe, you'll find out when the games starts.'' She says.

'' That would be a better choice wouldn't it? Teaming up I mean.'' I say.

'' Yeah, for this one anyway. '' She replies.

'' What about you Misty, are you going to team up with someone?'' I ask.

'' I don't know, we've only just got here.'' She says and laughs.

'' True, true.'' I say. '' Who would you team up with here, if you had the choice of anyone?''

'' The gamemakers.'' She laughs. '' It would be nice for there to be no more surprises.'' The crowd laugh too.

'' But seriously though, are you going to team up? Surely, you know yourself you're not as strong as some of the others.'' I say.

'' You know yourself, it's not always muscle that wins the games.'' She mimicks and Odelia laughs.

'' Very correct.'' I finish. '' Dawn, what weapon would you be hoping for in the cornucopia.''

'' Who said I'm risking a visit to the horn?'' She replies.

'' I just assumed-'' I begin.

'' Don't. Even if I did plan on going in, I wouldn't give away my weapon of choice, then the gamemakers wouldn't put it there.''

'' That's possible I guess.'' I agree.

'' Alicia, how do you feel about this whole experience?'' I ask.

'' It's been, different I guess.'' She replies.

'' Do you like the food?'' I question.

She nods and licks her lips which get her a few giggles from the crowd.

'' What's your favourite?'' I question.

'' Anything hot. We don't usually get hot food at home.'' She replies.

'' You better stock up before entering the arena then.'' I say and smile at her.

'' You're not funny.'' Spits Beth, the girl beside her.

'' Well then, that was rude.'' I say and there is a few laughs from the audience.

'' This is barbaric, don't you-'' She begins.

'' Oh shut up! That's life. Get over it or you'll die.'' I spit angrily.

'' I am going to die anyway, I know that already. I don't stand a chance, and I can say what I want to you because they can't kill me before the games, it would ruin the show. I can do what I want and I won't get punished until I'm in the games, and being part of them is enough punishment.'' She says and everything is silent.

'' You've accepted death?'' I say.

'' Yes. I have to. That way I don't hope.'' She says and looks away.

'' Odelia, how are you liking the Capitol?'' I ask.

'' It's facinating, I love the people's style, the architecture and the gadgets. If I make it out alive, I would love to visit here again.'' She says and the crowd cheers for her.

'' That's very kind of you to say!'' I smile and she blows kisses to the audience.

R-I-N-G!

'' Oh! I guess that's all we have time for with District Three! Good luck in the games girls!'' I say and they exit the stage.