Training Day Two

Victor Vinessity's ( Head GameMaker ) P.O.V:

'' Good morning tributes! As you know, this year's games is a lot different and today you will preform for judges and you will receive a number to tell the other tributes how good you are. You will each come in one by one and have five minutes to show your skills. You will wait here if you are waiting to go in but once you have had your turn you may leave. However, not everyone will receive a score. Only the top two tributes from each District. Any questions?'' I ask.

'' What order do we go in?'' Asks the black girl from District One, Reina.

'' You will go by District, in ascending order and the tributes in each will be randomly picked.'' I explain.

'' Ok, first up from District One; Ayla Kelling! If you would please follow me i will take you in.''

'' Ok.'' She says and follows me into the giant hall.

I head up to the stands and take a seat with a few other gamemakers and the escorts from each Disrict. Ayla stands on the ' X ' mark facing us and smiles.

'' My name is Ayla Kelling, I am sixteen and I am from District One.''

'' What will you be doing for us today?'' Asks Claud Clemmins beside me.

'' Shurikens.'' She says while smiling. '' You got any for me to use?''

'' Yes, we do. But they haven't been used in a while.'' Says Remmington a few seats down the row in front of me. He called out an a young avox boy presented Ayla with a small black box.

'' Thanks.'' She said and took them out of the box.

She started immediately and started flinging the metal stars at the lined up mannequins. They all made direct hits, impaling the necks, foreheads and chests of the mannequins. She then quickly gathered them again and flung them at the archery targets, again each hit perfectly. She then left the left them and headed towards the balance beams. She made easy work of them and pranced about on them quickly, keeping her balance the whole time.

'' She's like a real life ninja!'' Whispers Ginnerva, amazed by Ayla.

'' That's time, I'm afraid.'' I say as the timer goes off and Ayla shuffles from the room with a smile on her face.

Phoenix Mayflower's P.O.V:

''Next in, Phoenix Mayflower!'' Cheers a woman on an intercom just after Ayla exits the hall and sits down with Odelia and Misty in a corner. I jump up from my seat and confidently walk into the room.

'' My name is Phoenix Mayflower, I am eighteen and I am from District One.''

'' What will you be doing for us today?'' Asks Victor Vinessity.

'' I will be showing you my skills with a spear and throwing knives.''

'' Go ahead, take your pick from the spears on that rack.'' He says.

'' I will start with the throwing knives. Then I will conclude with the spear.'' I smile and take a handful of knives in my hand.

I take a knife from my left hand and grasp it on the tip with my right. I close an eye and aim to the mannequin and send it soaring. It cracks through the mannequin and wedges just above the nose, between the eyes. I then throw a few more, each hitting the target where I'd aimed.

I then take out the knives and get the spear from the stand. I take the silvery metallic one that has a fish hook type design. Once you throw the spear and impale something, the spear tip splits like a fish hook so the more you pull at it to pry it free, the more cut up you get.