Finalist Interview: David and Amy

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Hello Panem and welcome back to the finalist interviews! Please welcome on stage, David Black and Amy March!'' I yell enthusiastically and the crowd applaudes wildly.

As the two tributes make their way across the stage towards me, the crowd scream excitedly and throw flowers towards Amy, who blushes and blows a grateful kiss back at them.

'' Hello Amy, hellow David.'' I smile as they sit in the two lounge chairs before me.

'' Hi.'' Smiles David.

'' Hiya.'' Replies Amy joyfully.

'' Let's rewind time, and go back to the Reapings of District Twelve. Amy, did you ever imagine you'd be picked for the Games?'' I ask.

'' To be honest, no. I used to think of it, but when I was pronounced terminal, I always thought how could my life get any worse. It was like getting kicked in the stomach by a horse, I was speechless. I knew I was going to be killed, but I made it here and to be honest, the Games have been one of the most fun things I've done in a very long time.'' She explains.

'' Wait what?'' I gasp.

'' Well, before I was reaped, I litrally sat around, doing nothing, waiting to die. I was never allowed out, my mum was always afriad I'd get hurt, but coming here, to the Capitol has been so exciting, interviews, feasts, training, it's been so jam packed of fun stuff. Of course the possibility of being murdered is a dampener and all, but I can honestly say I am having fun.'' She continues, elaborating her point.

'' I understand what you mean, that makes sense, I guess.'' I smile.

'' It does make sense if you think about it, I'm terminal, so death is inevitable. Instead of spending my time left in the safe, yet solitary room of mine, I have been able to live again. There is of course the chance of my life be ended a tad bit earlier, but that doesn't matter, because I have made new friends and have enjoyed the majority of my time here.'' She explains, and I actually feel myself tearing.

'' We love you Amy!'' Shouts a randomer from the crowd and she smiles in his general direction.

'' I love you too!'' She calls back with a laugh.

'' Amy, tell us. Do you think you and your alliance can go far in the Ultimate Games?'' I ask.

'' Well I know I'm not going to win, it is unfair for me to win if I am going to die anyway, but I really, genuinely hope that either Maverick or Dakota wins, they are both so nice and deserve it.'' She explains.

'' Do you think they have a chance?'' I ask.

'' Oh definitely, I'm not just saying this because I would naturally be biased towards my allies, but I honestly, one hundred percent think they can do it. Maverick is amazing with throwing knives, as is Dakota with a bow and set of arrows. They can both go all the way.'' She smiles and the crowd cheer.

'' You are such a nice girl Amy, you don't deserve to be where you are in life.'' I say, sounding too gloomy.

'' I normally say what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger, but unfortunately either way I am going to die, but I wouldn't be the person I am today without having gone through so much shit these past couple of months.'' She explains.

'' You really have a way with words.'' I smile, pinching my wrist and biting hard down on my lip to stop myself from crying.

She really doesn't deserve to be here, she deserves to be spending her last few weeks at home with her family and friends, not struggling to keep herself alive in a televised fight to the death. But even if I did say something about it, I will end up like the countless people before me, killed. For I am just a single person, and cannot stand up against Snow and the Capitol Government. I sigh quietly and smile.