Hunger Games: Day Two - Part Two

• Dedicated to To me ( As I made Banner )

Fleur Cotton's P.O.V:

'' I wonder who that was.'' Says Flint. '' It came from the island.''

'' Hopefully Bell just chopped off Florence's head. I hate that psychopathic bitch! She has problems.'' I reply.

'' It was probably Chance or Poppy. Neither of them seem very capable of anything.'' Suggests Precious.

'' Could've been Iris.'' Adds David.

I take another bite from my fish sandwhich. It is delicious, even though it has only been two days, I am starved, the fighting on day one took a lot out of me. I gasp in shock rather than fear when I see Florence swimming towards the horn. 

'' Speaking of the she demon.'' I say and the others come to the entrance of the horn and see her too.

'' Do we kill her?'' Asks Flint.

'' If she tries to approach, if she's just passing leave her, she'll drown or be finished by the ones on the ship.'' Says David and we nod in agreement.

'' Don't come any closer!'' Yells Precious to Florence and she shrieks joyfully. 

'' If I wasn't injured, I'd gladly take on all four of you. Alas, I'm heading for the ship for some easy pickings.'' She shouts back and continues past us. 

We sit back down, and continue eating. This isn't really that bad. I haven't had to kill anyone and it doesn't like like I will. How many are dead now? Ten, only six to go. Hopefully Florence will die on the ship and take one or two others down with her. Maybe we won't even have to go into a third day. Then again, the Capitol's special attraction still has to arrive so I doubt it's over just yet.

'' What you thinking about?'' Smiles David to me.

'' Oh nothing, it's just great to get some hot food into my stomach.'' I reply, smiling at him and taking a bite out of the sandwich.

'' It's funny.'' He smiles. '' Before all this, I didn't even like fish.''

'' It's amazing what you'll eat when you're starving.'' I add and take another bite.

'' True that.'' He smiles and we both laugh.

Florence Tempera's P.O.V:

I continue paddling towards the ship, swimming slowly but making rather good progress. God, I've done a lot of swimming in the past two days, meaning I've lost a lot of calories that I can't afford to lose. 

I approach the ship after about an hour of swimming steadily and climb onto the rope ladder stretching from the upper deck and hang for a while, resting. I manouvre around to the back of the boat and then climb up to the level of the main deck. I peak slighlty over the edge and see nobody. I climb onto the deck and up a small set of steps to where the giant steering wheel is. Below me I hear voices and I peak through a small window. Casper, Dakota, Maverick, Rikari and Amy are sitting playing cards. Their weapons are at their sides, easily reachable if anything happens.

Amy gets to her feet, says something and leaves the room. I duck for cover as she heads out onto the main deck, stairs at the sky and takes a long breath of fresh air. She smiles to herself and then heads below deck. I quickly follow, dagger in hand, ready and eager to be used.

I climb quietly down after her and see her walking down the hall. I follow her and curse quietly to myself as the floor boards creek loudly beneath my dripping feet. I sidestep into a room for cover and I hear Amy stop still, listening for following footsteps. I pause a second, holding my breath and keeping as still as possible despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

A few seconds pass and her footsteps continue, moving away from mine. I pause again, waiting for a few more moments, I grab an ornament off a small shelf and exit the room, stalking her down the hall. I enter a room at the end of the hall and see Amy, she is turned away from me and rummaging thorugh a pack. I hold my breath, raise my arms and smash the ornament onto her head. She falls forwards onto the bed and stays still, although her breath is heavy. 

Rikari Maslin's P.O.V:

I step out of the captain's old room and see a trail of water. I grab my daggers from my belt and follow the trail. It leads me down to the room we are using as our supply room and bedroom. The door is slightly ajar and I hear the ruffling of bags and plastic. I open the door and see Amy unconscious on the bed and Florence pouring the tubs of fishing bait out the window.

'' You bitch.'' I spit and run at her with my daggers, slashing viciously.

She ducks my first swings and jabs at me. The blade's tip punctures my skin slightly and I gasp. I slash again at her and draw blood across her face, a gash tearing from her ear all the way down to her lips. 

'' I'll kill you!'' She screeches and swipes at me again.

She misses and I notice some dried blood on a bandanged shoulder. I smile then lunge my knife towards it, she jumps back defensively but not quick enough. My knife sticks into her shoulder and she screams in terrific pain.

She smashes me in the side of the head with the handle of her dagger and I am knocked to the ground.

'' Help!'' I scream up the hallway and there is a shuffling of feet above my head.

'' You'll be dead before they get here!'' She laughs and I scream, lashing out at her with my fist and single dagger. She dives for me but I swing my leg at her which collides with the side of her head.

She wails in pain but so do I as her dagger catches me in the calf as she falls. She jumps onto me, rips my dagger from my hand and plunges it into my throat. The door behind me bursts open and Dakota, Casper and Maverick run in. I see an arrow fire out the small window in front of me but it misses the target, Florence jumping to the safety of the water below.

I smile at my companions as they kneel around me, then my eyes shut slowly.

Rhiannon Fray's P.O.V:

I look up to the sky as the Capitol Anthem blares loudly and the seal appears. The faces of the dead appear in the sky, only two today. Sixteen year old Rikari Maslin and fourteen year old Poppy Mithcell. Then, a voice echoes through the arena.

'' Attention tributes, we are sorry to pester you all so late but we have an important announcement. At exactly twelve o' clock tonight, we will iniciate our special attraction! Three Capitol citizens will enter our arena and have twenty four hours with you all. They are aware you can kill them and you are allowed to, but they can also kill you. Good luck to you all, and may the odds be ever in your favour.''

After that, the seal appears once more and the Capitol Anthem plays again. The night sky then returns to it's starless black colour.