Hunger Games: Day Three - Part One

• Dedicated to To Me ( As I made Banner )

Florence Tempera's P.O.V:

I glance at the three bright beams shining from the sky. One is extending from the sky directly down to the water near the cornucopia, a second is going from the sky to the water near the ship and the final one is going from the sky down to the water beside the island. Amongst the light, a single black figure fall through each, straight from the sky into the water below, the hunters.

I have never had the pleasure of killing an adult, only wining little kids. This will be fun, but I'd have to make sure they aren't too dangerous, wouldn't wanna risk my life. I swim towards the island, they are the least threatening bunch of tributes and hopefully their hunter won't be too bad.

David Black's P.O.V:

There is a loud splash not too far from the horn, because of the silence of the night, it echoes loudly and the ripples of the water can almost be heard. We jump to our feet, weapons ready in our hands since the announcement. There is splashing sounds nearby and they draw closer, obviously someone swimming towards us.

'' Get ready.'' I say, even though I can already see the others at my sides.

Precious stands to my left, her whip in her hand and she twitches her wrist slightly, causing the whip to spin. Flint stands past Precious, his stack of throwing knives ready in his hands. Fleur is to my left, clutching a dagger, we didn't manage to get an axe from the horn as they were all gone when we got here so she has a simple dagger.

'' Do you think they'll be like ninja's or whatever, like madly skilled fighters?'' Asks Fleur warily.

'' I bloody hope not!'' Replies Precious.

There is a wooshing sound and Fleur makes a choking sound, she drops her dagger which clatters to the floor of the cornucopia, then she falls. I see a dart sticking out of her throat. Just as she hits the ground, a loud cannon fires and I wince. Her head makes a cracking sound as it makes impact on the floor and Fleur's lifeless body slips into the water below.

'' Shit!'' I yell and we step to the back of the horn to seek shelter from the hunter.

'' He has a long range weapon so it's probably not a good idea to corner ourselves in her.'' Says Precious.

'' You're right.'' I say and as I do there is a second wooshing sound.

The three of us subconsciously duck and cover our faces with our arms but to our relief the dart clatters against the gold of the horn and falls harmlessly to the floor. Flint picks it up and examines it.

'' This is for a crossbow.'' He explains. '' We are screwed.''

'' Why isn't he coming in?'' Asks Precious.

'' Because it's a long range weapon and we would be able to get him.'' I explain.

'' I wonder why he is taking so long between each.'' Says Precious.

'' Either he is moving closer for a better shot, or he is reloading.'' Suggests Flint.

'' Guys, the flippers.'' Says Precious.

'' Oh yeah. They will make you go much faster. But there is only one pair.'' Replies Flint.

'' I don't need them, I am a fast swimmer.'' I say.

'' I'm not very fast, he'll catch me for-'' Begins Flint but a dart whizzes through the air and impales itself into his forhead. 

'' Flint!'' Scream me and Precious together but he falls to the ground and blood begins dribbling from the wound.

'' The flippers.'' I say and throw them at Precious. '' We have to act fast, before he can reload.''

She throws them on herself and puts the goggles on. She looks at me, and we kiss quickly.

'' Go for the island.'' I instruct and she dives into the water with nothing more than the flippers, the goggles, the whip and a small dagger.

I grab the nets we had for catching fish which were really no good, I stick the sword in the sheath and secure it. I grab a throwing knife off Flint and jump into the water. I hear the hunter before I see him, his heavy breath deafeningin the silence of the night. I hear a dart whiz from his direction but hear it go over my head and hit the horn.

I swim to the hunter before he has a chance to reload and swipe at him with the throwing knife, using it as a dagger. He wails in pain as it slashes across his face, hopefully drawing blood. There is a loud cannon fire from the horn, Flint is dead.

He throws his crossbow at me and it smashes against the side of my head. I wail in terror but lunge forwards in the water, and stab the hunter in the shoulder. He yells and I throw the net over him. He curses, fumbling feebly in the darkness for escape. I jump forwards and shove him under the water, he lashes out at me and I stab him again with my knife.

He struggles a second longer than goes limp, and I toss him aside. I turn and swim quickly towards the direction Precious went, towards the island, the other tributes and the other hunter.