Interviews ~ District Eight

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Hello and welcome to the final interviews of this Games, I will shortly be interviewing our six amazing tributes from District Eight. Come on up on stage!'' I yell excitedly and the crowd applaud.

'' I will start with you Simon, the twelve year old of District Eight. How does it feel to be one of four twelve year olds in the Games? I mean, you will be no doubt targeted by other tributes because you may seem weak.'' I ask.

'' Well, I have a few surprises up my sleeve.'' He lies.

'' Is that so?'' I ask. '' What are they?''

'' Well then it wouldn't be a surprise.'' He says and the crowd laugh.

'' Funny. Your teaming up with a couple of other young tributes, do you not think that that will draw more attention to you and possible get you killed?'' I ask.

'' No not really.'' He replies. '' I have a feeling you'll be surprised with what we can do.''

'' Interesting. Well I can't wait to see you all in action.'' I say happily. '' Next up, Adam Villareal.''

'' No thanks.'' He replies.

'' What?'' I question.

'' I said, no thanks. I don't want to talk to you.'' He says stubbornly.

'' But you want the-'' I begin.

'' Shut up.'' He interupts and the crowd laugh.

'' You're a rude little boy.'' I say angrily.

'' And you're a fat old woman.'' He replies and I slap him across the face.

'' Ouch!'' He complains.

'' There is plenty more where that came from.'' I snipe. '' Next is, Lee Turner.''

'' Hi Piper. May I just say that I do not think you are fat or old.'' He says cheery and the crowd awe.

'' Why thank you Lee, at least I know some from Eight were raised with manners.'' I say.

'' My parents were murdered by peacekeepers. I raised myself.''

'' That's not a surprise concidering how you speak to me.'' I reply angrily. '' Now, if you would kindly shut up, you had your chance.''

'' I don't give a shit.'' He says and storms off the stage.

'' He looks angry.'' Jokes Lee and the crowd laugh.

'' Indeed. So tell me more about yourself Lee. Have you any brothers or sisters?''

'' I had a sister but she was adopted.'' He explains.

'' She was put up for adoption?'' I repeat wearily.

'' Yes.''

'' Why.'' I ask.

'' She was sick, and we had no money to help here get better.'' He explains.

'' How sad. Well, if you win the Games, you will have lots of money and you can get medicine and take her back.'' I explain. '' Next up, Maxi Lloyd.''

'' Hi Piper.'' She smiles.

'' You are a weird case. Just thirteen and you volunteered to take someone's place in the Games.''

'' Yes, he is my best friend. We promised we would take eachother's places if either of us were reaped.'' She explains.

'' Young love.'' I smile.

'' Ew, no! We weren't in love. We are friends!'' She explains and the crowd laughs.

'' How cute. So, I heard you are teaming up with Aggie and the twins.'' I say. '' How did that happen?''

'' On the train. We jsut decided if we stick together, we will be harder to kill.'' She explains quickly.

'' Smart tactics, do you think you can win and get through to the Ultimate Games?'' I ask.

'' Of course! Mia did in the first Games, so why can't I?'' She says.

'' Well Mia was in an alliance with careers!'' I laugh.

'' You'll just have to wait and see.'' She smiles.

'' I am looking forward to that!'' I say excitedly. '' Now, Aggie!

'' Yes Piper?'' She replies.

'' You're up! How are you liking the other tributes here?'' I ask.

'' I like Maxi and the twins and some of the younger people seem nice but I'm kinda afraid to talk to anyone else, like Willow.''

'' Well she is a fierce girl, even I'm afriad of her!'' I joke and the crowd giggle.

'' Do you see any handsome boys?'' I ask. '' What about Percy?''

'' Percy is nice, but I don't like him that way. Besides, you can't get attached to people that way in here, it will only be harder.'' She explains.

'' You have a point madame! Are you looking forward to training?'' I ask.

'' Yes!'' She replies excitedly.

'' What will you be focusing on?'' I ask. '' Weapons or survival.''

'' Survival, weapons will be second.'' She explains.

'' OK, what weapon do you use?'' I ask.

'' None really. I will try out a few and see what suits me best.'' She says.

'' Good, I can't wait to see  you in action. Be sure to stand out in training though, you can get yourself some sponsors that way.''

'' Thanks for the help.'' She smiles.

'' No problem, finally we have Bruce Spring.'' I exclaim excitedly.

'' Hello Piper!'' He yells. '' Hello crowd.''

'' How did you feel when you were chosen?'' I ask.

'' Well firstly, the obvious. I was afraid and scared. But once you get here, it's not so bad. I mean, I have my own stylists! How cool is that?''

'' I know the feling.'' I reply, half laughing.

'' And my hotel room! It's almost as big as my entire house.'' he exclaims.

'' Well we are spoilt here in the Capitol!'' I say.

'' And the food is to die for! I could eat all day long if I was allowed.''

The crowd laugh.

'' You should fatten up for the arena, you don't know how long you might go without food.''

'' Oh I will!'' He says.

'' Bruce, what is your life like back home?'' I question.

'' It's great. I'm an only child so I get lots of attention.''

'' Do you not want any other siblings? Do you not long for some other company?'' I ask.

'' Well I have plenty of friends.'' He explains. '' But nothing beats the Capitol. I love it here.''

'' It is pretty nice. You should see our-'' I begin.

Buzz!

'' Oops! I guess that's all we have time for today! Tune in later on in the week for the news about the training days and the tribute scores! For now, we gotta go!'' I say and lead the tributes offstage.''