Put the "I" in "I Love You" Part 2

Please read the author's note at the end, thank you!! Also this picture is temporary.

"I don't know why you even bother," Sarah sighed. "You told him to go away. I don't think he'll want to come back after that."

Your heart sunk, but Sarah was like that. Demeaning you. "I know, but he said he was coming back. You weren't there, Sarah! He meant it." You protested softly.

Sarah scoffed. "If my guy ever told me to leave and come back when I was 'ready' I'd be gone in a heartbeat."

You held back the urge to yell at her. He'd been ignoring you and he needed to go. You did the right think and you knew it, but you missed him.

You'd met Sarah Westlynn at an art show that featured both of your paintings. At first she'd been nice, complimenting your brush style and the curious scenes you painted. She liked how you painted the way muggles did. You admired the way her art was dramatic and ironic. It wasn't long before you two became friends, but it wasn't long before she found out about Newt Scamander.

She'd thought it scandalous when you first told her. She was sympathetic to you and understood that he was ignoring you, but when you told him that you expected him to come back she laughed in your face.

"You haven't met him, Sarah." You sighed, dipping your paintbrush in a rosy pink color. You were both painting together and you'd hoped that you could enjoy the time together without the subject of Newt, but Sarah loved gossip and she couldn't stay away from your love life.

"I've heard enough about him that I feel like I do, (Y/N)," she giggled. "You don't shut up about him!"

Your cheeks burned and you were grateful that you were separated by your easels. "I do not!" You exclaimed.

"Please, we talk about him almost every time we see each other! Not that I'm complaining, though. It's enough gossip to last me a lifetime." She hummed.

"Please don't tell people about this, Sarah," you huffed.

"Oh don't you worry. I haven't told a soul," she said nonchalantly, not even bothering to look up from her art.

You sighed and slid off your stool. "I'm going to get some water, would you like anything?" You offered.

"I'm fine," she hummed.

You shuffled out of your sunlit "painting room" and into the kitchen. Opening the refrigerator (A/N: they actually had those back then, I checked) you pulled out your pitcher or water and poured a glass for yourself.

You thought about what Sarah had said. Newt loved you, you were sure of that, but would he come back?

He told you he would and he'd never broken a promise before. You'd known him far longer than Sarah and you trusted him, but Sarah's words appealed to the pessimistic part of your brain. What if he didn't come back? What if he met someone else? What if he didn't love you anymore?

You were startled by a knock at the door.

"Are you expecting anyone, (Y/N)?" Sarah's voice rang out.

"Not that I know of," you called back.

You set down your pitcher of water and headed to the door, your feet treading lightly on the wooden floor.

You undid the lock and turned the brass handle, revealing the bright outside and none other than Newt Scamander.

"Newt," you whispered.

"Hello," he greeted sheepishly. He had a bouquet of baby's breath in one hand and his case in the other.

"Is it... is it really you?" You smiled, reaching out with your hand to touch his face. He smiled and leaned into your touch.