Snowstorms and Snuggles

This will have he/him pronouns.

"(Y/N)! Slow down!" Newt called as he watched you race up the side of the snowy hill like an Olympic sprinter.

"Never!" You cackled, pausing momentarily to laugh at Newt as he lagged behind.

"Merlin's beard, (Y/N)! A snowstorm will be coming soon!" Newt scolded you. He watched you sigh and wade through the white powder down to where Newt was struggling to ascend.

"Thank you," Newt huffed.

"Do you need me to carry you?" You asked with an evil glint in your eye.

"No- AHHHHH!"

Newt's cries of protest were cut off as you leaned over and seized his leg, forcing him up and over your shoulder.

"(Y/N)! Let me down!" He squeaked.

"Nope! You wanted help getting up the hill, so here it is!"

Newt's bowtruckle, Pickett, peeked out from under Newt's navy coat collar. "He never quits, does he?" Newt muttered to the tiny animal. Pickett squeaked a tiny laugh, as if to say, "Thank goodness he's around!"

~~~~~

Newt brushed the sparkling snow off his coat and wiped his shoes on the front mat as he entered his humble house. He sighed as you barreled past him, flinging off your coat, mittens, and boots without a second thought. That was one way you and him were different; you were a man of actions and confidence, Newt took his time with everything he did. One might think that the two of you wouldn't be able to stand each other because of such differences, but you clicked like puzzle pieces. You sang the same song.

"(Y/N), could you come get your boots?" Newt called timidly, his loudest voice being softer than your normal tone.

You poked your head around the corner, your hair unruly and spiked in odd places from your hat. The sight of your grinning face made something inside of Newt go gooey.

"Of course, love," you smiled at your boyfriend. You skipped over to where Newt was standing and pecked him on the cheek before gathering your things. Newt grinned to himself while he hung up his coat, suddenly feeling especially grateful to have you in his life.

"I love you, you know that?" Newt told his lover as you straightened your spine. Your heavenly face melted at his words and you wrapped your arms around Newt, burying your face into his shoulder.

"I love you too," you smiled into the crook of his neck.

Newt snaked his arms around your torso and squeezed, feeling like if he let go you might disappear. And if you disappeared, where would he be? He'd be lost in an ocean of despair, his only lifeline the treasured memories he had of you. The darkness of life without you would pull him down, try to drown him in the depth of his loss, and he'd be incapable to stop it. He just hoped that you'd stay and keep that sorrow at bay.

He had the sudden urge to tell you what you meant to him, but he felt like saying it out loud would make it real. And what if he scared you away?

"C'mon, let's make some cocoa and sit by the fire," you rubbed your thumb over Newt's back.

Newt wiped tears from his eyes he didn't even know were there. "You mean a lot to me," he mumbled as you turned away to fetch the hot chocolate. You froze. Slowly, you turned back to Newt.

"I know." you smiled. You averted your eyes as you said the next part, "I don't think you'll ever know how you've impacted me, Newt."

Newt smiled sadly. "I think I do, (Y/N)." He took your hand. "Or at least, I hope I do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bloop bloop bloop this was short and fluffy and I was going to add a kiss but I wanted to get this up

I tried to make this from Newt's perspective with he/him pronouns but honestly it's so much easier for me to write neutral pronouns, because I'm saying you instead of I it's kind of automatically neutral. So I think I'm only going to do specific pronouns unless asked for in a request.

Don't forget to vote and comment!