The Ethics of a Hufflepuff Part 3

Warning: I tried to make this as gender-neutral as possible but there will be some parts that lean more towards female. Also, the next Fantastic Beasts movie is being released in November of 2018 and I'd just like to say that they better not mess it up.

~~~~

Skleezy's No-Stick Hair Sleeker was a life saver.

You'd been trying to get your hair to stay in its elaborate updo for about two hours with no avail; you'd tried everything: Semi-Permanent sticking charms, Mandrake root extract (which smelled surprisingly pleasant), and you'd almost resorted to one of Olive Hornby's retched muggle products until Grace had pulled out a squat, sketchy-looking dark brown bottle labeled Skleezy's No-Stick Hair Sleeker.

"Trust me, this stuff is a life saver." Grace promised as she slathered generous amounts of the sparkling gel onto your hair. "It gives your hair a nice shine."

You fidgeted in your seat, trying not to pick at your freshly painted nails. You had shimmied into your dress clothes and let Grace apply some makeup onto your face, purposely saving your hair for last as you were sure it would take far longer than everything else. You would have been ready hours earlier if it weren't for the untamable mess that was your hair.

You glanced nervously at the clock. The dance would start at 8. It was 7:45 now. You were going to be late if Grace didn't hurry up, and late was the last thing you wanted to be.

"There," Grace said happily, wiping her hands on a towel. "You look amazing!"

You lifted your head and looked at your reflection in the mirror. The person you saw took your breath away: they had smooth, shining hair, sparkling eyes with long lashes, full lips, rosy cheeks, and a dazzling smile. It was you as you had never seen yourself before.

You swallowed nervously, transfixed by the person you saw in the mirror. "I... I don't know what to say," you choked.

Grace put a hand on your shoulder, her eyes twinkling happily, a small smile on her face. "You're welcome," she grinned. "Now, let's go down to the dance. You look too good not to show off."

~~~~~

Newt was waiting nervously by the big oak doors that led to the Great Hall. He was dressed in deep sapphire dress robes that brought out the gold flecks in his eyes. His hair was unkempt and unruly as ever. He looked the same as he always did, but somehow, to you he looked like the most handsome man in the entire world.

You descended down the grand marble staircase to the front hair, treading lightly for fear of falling in your wobbly shoes. Your heart was thumping like a jack rabbit; you could feel the blood rushing through your veins; thoughts were running through your head at a million miles an hour.

Don'ttripdonttripdonttrip

You almost got your foot stuck in the trip step until you remembered at the last moment to hop over it. When you reached the bottom of the stairs, your heart was beating as loud as ever and you were sure that your face was redder than the Gryffindor crest.

You peeked a look at Newt from beneath your eyelashes, smiling shyly. His mouth had gone slack. He was staring at you with an expression of shock, amazement, and what could only be described as utter adoration.

You glided over to him, feeling very special.

"Hi," you breathed as you approached him.