Chapter 11

Okay, so this is killing me, it has been half an hour and he hasn't talk for once also. The only sound in the car is it's engine sound. I can't even hear his breathing...is he even breathing also?? Can't say...who knows he might be a heartless man.

The silence is killing me, I want to talk...whom to talk with...yes Zain!!! I quickly pulled out my cell, and dialed his number. He picked up in three rings.

"Hey...what's up" he asked as soon as he picked up.

"Just getting bore" I said in a bored tone.

"Why?? Is he not there to give you company??" He asked.

"His presence is just like his absence" I whispered and he laughed out loud, making me also laugh with him. Suddenly, the car was speeding bit by bit. I looked at him in absolute horror.

He was clutching the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles have turned white and his nerves were popping out. His jaws were clenched and his gaze were burning holes on the road. What the hell is wrong with him suddenly??

"I'll call you back later" I quickly said and hang up.

"Ss-Sir you alright??" I asked but no reply came.

"What happened??" No reply.

"Sir??" I said and touched his arm. All of a sudden, the car came to a halt, making me jerk forward.

"Ya Allah" I muttered, but when I looked at his direction, he was already out of the car.
I quickly got out of the car and ran towards his side.

"You alright? You hurt??" I asked taking deep breaths.

"Who were you talking to??" He asked in a monotone.

"Huh??" I was confused.

"You heard"

"Zain" I replied. He started clenching and unclenching his fists.

"Get inside" he said and got in. I was shocked and confused. The hell....

"Now" came his booming voice and I quickly ran towards my seat and sat down. After that he again didn't talked and once again there was silence.

The dining-room was exquisite. The walls were covered with a shimmering gold paper and in the middle of the ceiling above the carved oak table was a candelabra. Down the center of the table was a runner with Celtic design woven in gold and green into the fabric itself. At the end of the table were floor to ceiling french doors.

It was a grand space, to say the least. The huge mahogany table took up most of the vast space the dark, romantic room offered, left without a tablecloth and daring guests to ruin the perfectly varnished shine with their unworthy fingerprints. Two tall, silver candelabras commanded attention from the center of the table, holding smooth white candles whose wax never dripped.

The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears and wouldn't seem to stop.

He started introducing me to almost half of the dozen people and all I could do was smile, nod my head. He soon got busy with some other clients, while I was sipping away my juice.

"Assalamualaikum" came a voice from my behind.

"Walekumasalam...I think I don't know you." I said honestly.

"Wao, you're straight forward" he said taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, world taught me" I shrugged.

"Hmm...smart!!" He commented.

"Look Mr, if you're thinking that you'll impress me by you flattering, then you're so wrong" I said sweetly.

"Oh No no, you misunderstood me. I'm Imran, Imran Ahmed, owner of Ahmed Industries." He said forwarding his hand.

"Ohh..nice to meet you. I'm Hoorain Ahmed, I work for Khan Industries and Manufacturers. And no, I don't do handshakes." I said.

"Ohh...so you work for Mr.Aatish" he said.

"Yeah, he's my boss and I'm his manager." I said looking towards him, who was very much enjoying his talk!!!

"And???" He asked.

"Huh??"

"I meant, we have a same surname" he said smiling

"So in that case, you're my brother!!" I said seriously but was trying to hold my laughter.

He spit out his drink and started coughing. He was now looking at me as if I've woken up from the wrong side of the bed!!! And I couldn't hold my laughter anymore. I burst out laughing....

"Ha ha ha ha....very funny!!" He mocked making me more laugh.

"You should have seen your face!!!" I said in between of my laugh.

"You said only like that!!"

"Imran you're too funny" I said

"Not more than you" he said smiling.

"So you're alone??" I asked looking around and now I can't see him anywhere. Might have gone somewhere, I said to myself.

"Yeah, had to come alone. Right at time, my secretary called me and told me that she won't be able to make it. So I was left alone."
He said.

"Poor you, must be getting bored!!"

"Not much, after all who gets bore when they have Hoorain to talk to" he said smirking. And I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Not again!!!" I sighed dramatically. He started laughing. Soon my cell started ringing and it was Sir's call. I excused myself and picked up his call.

"Yes Sir" I said.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Near the left side of the deck" I said.

"What are you doing here??" He suddenly said coming from behind.

"Nothing...you were busy, so I was just drinking my juice and was talking to Imran. You should meet him Sir, he's the owner of Ahmed Industries." I said.

"Okay...where's he?" He asked.

"There, right behind me." I said and turned but he wasn't there. Where was he?? He was right here only?? How can he vanish this quickly. I looked around but couldn't see him.

"Miss.Ahmed, where is that Mr.Imran?"

"Sir, he was right there only. We were talking there only. Just for a second, I excused myself and now he's not there." I said.

"How can someone go this quickly Miss.Ahmed. And even if he will go somewhere, he has to pass by through this way only."

"I know Sir, but trust me, he was there only. He even knows you" I said explaining to him.

"Miss.Ahmed, I think you need to sleep. Come let's have dinner and then we'll leave." He started walking.

One last time I turned but he wasn't there. What the hell is happening with me....???