Chapter 14

What was happening with me?? Am I hallucinating or it is just an illusion?? What if it is the reality?? May be all these things, are happening in reality but if it's happening, then why am I only being the target??

It was his car only, even the car's number was same but then how come the car got changed so fast!! Everything's happening so fast an unusual that I'm not able to understand that why is everything happening to me only??

I looked at the bandage on my hand and sighed. Since I was on leave, I decided to laze around a bit. I went down and decided to make something for dinner but then I remembered that it's not possible for me to make dinner from one hand.

So practically thinking for two hours to what to do, I decided to sleep. I quickly went to my room, closed the window just in case. Main door was already locked. Today the weather was too hot...but now I was so sleepy and I didn't wanted to waste anymore time, so I slept like that.

After sleeping for four consecutively hours, I was woken up from my sleep due to the continuous sound of the doorbell. I groaned...I knew for sure that it can't be Tashu 'cause her class ends at six pm, it's four now. Aunty and Uncle will not come back home before eight. So someone else is there.

To say that I was scared would be an understatement. As I took step towards the main door, cold sweats start forming on my forehead...and soon I started trembling. The doorbell went again making me jump and I felled down with a thud, knocking down the vase with me which made a loud noise making me more whimper.

Now not only that person was ringing the doorbell, that person was also banging the door loudly. I was now shaking very badly, my cheeks were already wet. With shaking legs, I got up from the floor.

"Who-who-whose there??" I stammered.

Instead of an answer, the banging grew more rough. If it kept on like this, then this door will surely come out of it's hinges soon.

"Who-who-whose there??" I asked again. Now my heart leapt so fast that I thought it was going to pounce out of my chest anytime soon. I looked through the peephole to see who was there but all I could see was black. Now I was more scared.

Was it the same shadow?? Again the doorbell rang making me scream, which made the banging more louder. There was another glass vase on the side of the door. I was now holding the vase tightly in my left hand, with my trembling right hand I opened the door only to make my eyes go wide. Before I could say or scream, the vase dropped from my hand breaking into thousand pieces.

Strong arms wrapped around me, made me feel wonderfully weak. I just curled up into a little ball and wrapped both my arms around him. Being curled up and held makes everything just seem so much warmer and closer, and at least for that moment it seems like everything's going to be okay.

I melted in his arms, consumed by the raging fire of emotion his embrace never failed to ignite. He owns me with those arms of his and it's the best place to cry in the world.

After some time we both pulled away and I tried my best to not to look at him, while his eyes roamed all around.

"Who was here??" He asked in his deep voice.

"Huh??" I had still not recovered from the hug.

"Are you alright?? Your living room is a mess!!" He said.

"Umm..yeah...you scared me!!" I blurted.

"What??" He was confused.

"Yeah...who knocks like a goon?? You were continuously ringing the doorbell" I said folding my arms.

"So now this is all my fault, Miss.Ahmed??" Ah!! how much I missed this. Wait...what??? I sure have hit my head with that vase!!!

"So what brings you here, Sir??" I asked in my best tone.