Chapter 36

I stopped. Wiping off the tears in my eyes which were about to fall down through my cheeks to my chin, I made sure my vision is not blurred anymore. I looked around trying to figure out the source of the sound which dragged me out from my imaginary domain, a result of my over thinking, back to this pragmatic sphere.

I was lying on the floor, playing with the darts!! I saw him staring at me as he walked inside my room. I stood up, put my head down and started making my way out of the room. I walked past him and continued moving.

"Hoori! Stop!"

I surrendered to that voice inside my head.

I stopped. Stood there motionless in an attentive position. He turned around and walked upto me. I don't know what he was planning to do but he sat in front of me. I stared at him convinced by now that he is, indeed, a crazy psycho. He gestured me to sit. Strangely, I complied.

"Let me help you, Hoori."

I looked up with the drenched eyes and was perplexed. He was dressed in formals, out of frustration I said
"Go away. Mind your own business."

"You are my business" he replied.

"All of you boys are losers, dogs, shameless. You all got no respect. You don't deserve us." I shouted.

"From the time we have met I am trying to protect you to keep you safe to keep you near. I am spending time for you. I am giving you respect. I am trying to calm you down. What are you doing?!! You are being just stubborn. You are acting like you have no brain. Your crying for something which is the best day of our lives." He tried to explain to me.

"Yeah, right!! Having no clue about that day is a very happy day for me" I replied him back sarcastically.

"I know you are going through a tough phase but what you don't realize is that you can't get through this without me. What's astonishing is that in this phase of yours, you've made even me feel sad! I don't remember when was the last time you had fun with me or you didn't depend on someone else to make you happy. You feel scared of being alone with me and you try to avoid me." He said.

"Aariz, I don't remember a part of my life which is a dream of every girl. I've lost my memory." I somewhat screeched.

"And how many times shall I tell you that you didn't lost your memory." He was irritated.

"Then why can't I remember marrying you?" I stood up.

"Hoori, you'll get to know everything." He also stood up.

"When Aariz? You all didn't even told me that all this time I was married to someone. I have a husband. And what hurts the most is knowing Uncle, Aunty, Tashu they were all in this plan. Seriously man, when were you all even planning to tell me?" Tears whelming in my eyes.

"Hoori, please. You don't know how much it hurts me to see tears in your eyes. Whatever we were doing, it was for your good only. And please you don't have to be angry with Uncle and Aunty. They practically risked their entire life just to keep you safe." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're no one to tell me to what to do and what not. Don't you dare try to use husband card on me or I swear I'll take you to the court and will make you arrrest for marrying me before I was even an adult that too legally." I glared at him. He quickly surrendered his hand.

"This is why we weren't telling you about our marriage. You can never understand anything" he walked passed by me.

"Why the hell don't you walk out of my life" I shouted.

And just like that I was left alone...

I found my solace in looking at the serene pond, standing by the large window of my room. Everything was so quiet and calm yet there was a storm rising in my heart. Everything felt so good then why does it feel like someone has thrown dirty mud on me.