Chapter 19

She heard the rustling of the trees outside and felt some relief. She was alive. She laid there breathing. Just feeling the rise and fall of her chest and she gradually drew deeper breaths. Hoorain could sense, without opening her eyes, that night had fallen. It was so dark. Finally, she opened her eyes. 

And the first thing she did after opening her eyes was to punch on the nose!! Yes, that's Hoorain Ahmed.

"Geez...why did you punched??" He hissed rubbing his nose.

"God, you were right above me. I thought that....uumm...urrr...grrrr...
What else do you want me to do??" I hissed. He was now fully mad. Great!! Now what is my fault in all of this.

When you wake up after being knocked out, and the first thing you see is someone's right above you, what are you going to do?? That's exactly what I did!! But whose gonna knock sense into him?

"The doctor has told you to rest. I'm going to get you some food and your medicine" he said standing up.

"Wait!" I stopped him. He didn't turn, but stopped.

"Where am I? Who brought me here? And for how long I was out?" I asked

"You are in my pent house. I brought you or you can say carried you here. You were out for three hours" he said glancing sideways.

"What do you mean by you carried me?? You know this is not right?" I was about to say more but he left. Like really?? Hello?? I was talking to you and he left!!! This is not what gentleman do. But again whom I talking about? He's not a gentleman, he doesn't even fit for it.

After murmuring for some more time. I finally took deep breaths and looked around the room. For sure, this was not his room. This room had only a bed in the middle, wardrobe in the corner, and there was a door at the other corner of the room, that might be the washroom.

I got up from the bed, but felt dizzy so I again sat down. The room was painted in white and coffee color. The room was very much plain just like him. Soon the lights flickered on spreading some warmth and light in the room.

"Oh My God, how could I miss this!!" I said as I got up. The was this long big window made of with pure crystal clear glass. From here, one can look at the whole city without even getting bore once also.

"This is awesome" I said giggling like a teenager. "But at which floor, we are? It seems to be pretty high!!" I said

"We are on the forty second floor. And Thank you for the compliment." He said keeping the tray of food on the bed.

I went towards the bed and sat down. Immediately my stomach grumbled, making me blush.

"You need to fill your stomach" he said pushing the tray towards me. He had bought a veg cheese grill sandwich, potato wafers and a large cup of Coffee. I took a bit of the sandwich and couldn't help but moan. I hadn't ate anything, it's been more than twenty four hours since I last ate.

"Why do you skip your food?" He asked.

"Well, I don't. But last night the circumstances were different" I said.

"Yeah...obviously" he said in a sarcastic tone. What is his problem?
"After you finish eating, take these. Have some work" he said giving me pills and immediately left.

After eating my sandwich and taking pill, I decided to go out of the room. It was eight thirty, I'll leave by nine. Till then I can explore the pent house and talk to him. After all, you don't get to come in your boss's pent house everyday. I first went to the washroom, retied my hijab neatly. Washed my face and then went out.