commited promise

Gabrielle Marie

Dull-- is the best way to describe myself.My eyes were dull,reminding me that they weren't always this way-- they once were bright hazel with swirls of green.My long waves are a very light shade of brown, never dyed because I wasn't allowed to which angers me because it's my hair,yet I wasn't allowed to treat it like it was mine.I was getting bored with my look,maybe I should cut my hair or dye it behind my brother's back.Everyone in this town mostly had shoulder length hair,not up to their hips. People always asked me why I didn't cut my hair and I never replied because no one knew why I had long hair except for myself-- it was a secret that I was sadly embarrassed to admit.

My eyes trailed down my frame.I was wearing a white sleeveless shirt that had a black moon on it with some pale blue high waisted shorts,that my brothers disapproved of.I finished the look off by wearing boat shoes and letting my waves fall loosely around me.

"I should dye my hair black." I thought out loud while looking into the kitchen mirror, where all my brothers except Ganny were gathered.Gannon was currently warming up the car since we would be carpooling due to our cars getting oil and tire changes this morning.

I finished my breakfast,which consisted of half a muffin with some water and soon got distracted by a body mirror placed on the pantry closet door.I kept frowning at my image,wishing I wasn't who I was.I look at my skin wishing it didn't belong to me,just like the rest of me,but I by far didn't wish I lived in this skin.It was tainted with the imprints of a horrible man and I could never forget the way his mouth made noises against my skin.

"Your hair is beautiful and I most defiantly won't let you color it." Zachary said opening up a window to relase the heat we felt.It was like we were living in a boiling pot of hot water from the insanely hot weather of today.I rolled my eyes at Zachary,but then making sure I remembered to take my pills,I didn't want be on edge today

Loud honking from outside,made us all jump slightly.I sighed as Gannon was actually make a beat out of the honking of the car.I felt my temple and eardrums shaking from the loud noises.

Zachary slammed his cup of coffee on the table,while walking over to the window that revealed our garage and half of our driveway."GANNON,SHUT UP WE HAVE NEIGHBORS." Zachary screamed as he shook his head,returning to his cushioned seat.

The honking died down,only thing being able to be heard was Gannon's evil laugh roaring madly through the neighboorhood.I can't believe we're twins sometimes,he's always been the playful one while I'm the shy one.And he also was very tempered while I was always calm,until now.I picked fights with my brothers so much that it couldn't be healthy,I was becoming tempered.

"Behave and remember we are going out to dinner tonight." Zachary called out, as we all stumbled out the house with nothing,but phones and house keys in our pockets.We didn't feel like taking supplies which to us meant we weren't in the mood.

I sprinted to the passenger side before my brothers could beat me to it.Liam frowned, but quickly went into the backseat.Kyden,however stood there,pouting like a baby.I swear Liam is way more mature than him,but then again Liam is more mature than anyone in our house.

"I'm older so get out." Kyden said through the locked door.Shining me a glare through the window,while I rolled my eyes.The usual comeback,Zach always use to pull that on us,but I really didn't care that they were on this earth first.

"By two years? so what?" I teased,with a smirk on my face.He was about to retaliate,as he continued to pout.Those hazel green eyes were ready to beg,but he was interrupted.

"Kyden,get in the damn car already, we're gonna be late to field day!" Gannon shouted in the driver's seat, making me shake my head as to why he was screaming.Kyden pouted,glared and went to go slide into the backseat.