the deadly truth

Carter Rivers

"I will never love again." I sigh dramatically, whispering to myself as I looked up at the ceiling. It been ten hours, five minutes and thirty seconds since the light left my life.

"You asked for this Carter." Tucker snapped at me, snapping me out the misery I was swimming in.We were watching television, Timmy didn't want me to be alone while he went out to buy fast food.I however was stuck with a grumpy Tucker.

"Shouldn't you as a best friend be comforting me?" I question, looking at his angry face. I craved a beer right now, but Timmy is putting me on a thirty day no drinking challenge.Tucker and Timmy were my only distractions from drinking, now that I was stupid enough to let my sunshine go, but I didn't like how Tucker was mad at me for no reason.

"I will later, but for now I'll tell you that you're stupid Carter Rivers.You are so busy crying about yourself that you don't even realize what you did.You left her in the rain for hours, she was crying and that's what I call love.Love is something so precious that some people don't have the privilege of getting.You got it and when it got to serious you dropped it.You fucking half proposed to her, now I can't show my dance moves at your wedding you ass.And you made Timmy and I get close to her, who is suppose to help me with my math homework now, who's going to buy me lunch when I forget my lunch money, who's going to scare off my one night stands now.We all lost her now and it's all because you couldn't handle simple little secrets.Everyone has them and it takes time to express them Carter" Tucker sounded breathless from his speech and he was so mad at me that his eyes filled with tears.

I felt extremely guilty.He was right.I brought this girl into my and their life, and god damn it she just had to be so damn perfect.Brielle is always caring for us, she came over almost every night to cook for us and sometimes even do our laundry after a hard day of work.She even helped them with anything they needed help with, they are like my brothers that I'm sure I would die without them and they too were hurt from her not being with us.She was our light, not just mine.I wanted her back, I wanted her back and I was going to get her back.

I jumped slightly when Timmy bursted through the front door, nearly knocking the door off it's hinges.I wanted to laugh, but I had no energy to do it and I couldn't when I noticed Timmy in tears.Timothy Lee Preston hasn't cried since the day he found out I was in jail, so for him to be crying was a huge deal.

"What's wr-" I didn't finish my question before Timmy started talking and his words were like a punch to my stomach. I could of sworn I even heard my blood stop flowing for a few seconds.

"Brielle is in the hospital."

Have you ever had a bad feeling in your stomach and chest.You know that feeling as if someone was squeezing your heart with all the force they had as they repeatedly punched your stomach. Well, I felt this way as I paced the entry of the hospital as Tucker went to ask where Brielle's was located.My hands were very shaky, I felt a cold sweat coming on and I was anxious.

What's wrong with Brielle?

"She's in room 45, her brothers are talking to her doctor on the other side of the hospital giving you time to sneak in for a few minutes." Tucker explained hurriedly, notifying me he was nervous.We all were, this was a close friend almost like a little sister to both of them.To me, it's my everything, she is my everything, and that's why I'm so lost without her.

We entered the waiting area, full of rusty brown chairs and plain white walls with painting on them.A hallway connected to it showed rooms 30-70.I instanly noticed Gannon Dasher laying down in one of the couches of the waiting area, he was sleeping, but his face were covered in tears.It was weird seeing this side of him, crying and not the one who punched me multiple times.I didn't know much, I just knew he was my love's twin and that he was short tempered, but tonight I learned something else about him.