carter rivers, my soul mate

Gabrielle Marie Dasher.

      Welcome To Ocean Ridge, California.

     I read the sign through sleepy eyes.I was just waking up from my nap to realize we were no longer in Laguna Airport, but at home.I looked over at Carter, who was driving and he looked wide awake much to my surprise.We had left yesterday in the morning and we were now just arriving.I slept on the airplane ride and on the car ride here, unlike Carter who hasn't slept since yesterday morning.

    "You should of let me drive the night shift, so you could of slept." I mumble in a sleepy voice. I sit up in my seat, pushing my hair away from my face and rubbing my eyes in attempts to make the sleep in them disappear.

   "I'm not tired and you were practically dying of sleep after that stressful phonecall from your brother." Carter sighed, grabbing my hand to stop me from rubbing my eyes so harshly.

   I sigh at the mention of the phonecall.Zachary called me so many times yesterday, to which I ignored and he then texted me that he knew I was with Carter.He threatened to press charges against Carter and even moving us to New Jersey again, so Carter wouldn't see me again.Carter almost fainted just hearing of the possible move, but then I came to an agreement with Zachary.I told him I would come home only if he wouldn't press charges against Carter and he surprisingly agreed. However Carter was nervous because inside of dropping me off at home, he was going in with me to confront my brothers. We were getting tired of hiding our relationship and even if my brothers didn't approve then I would just leave with Carter.I left twice and I'm sure I can do it a third time, but for a much longer time.

    "Let's go to the cliff." Carter suggested and I instanly lit up like a Christmas tree.I nodded eagerly and Carter laughed at my eagerness.

  I relaxed at the sight of many trees passing by, but the thought of confronting my brothers tonight or possibly tomorrow morning worried me.I'm in a really good place right now, but it's all due to Carter.He did just what he said he would do; help me heal . I know healing takes time and I feel it deep inside my chest that I will get better.That things get better.That life is precious when you put precious people in it.And I thank God or the Gods up there for giving me another chance of life because I'm alive and I'm so happy to be alive.

    I didn't realize we got to the hill that lead up to the cliff until Carter slammed the car down.I was about to open my door until Carter beat me to it.I was about to thank him for opening the door for me, but I'm taken suprise when suddenly Carter picks me up bridal style.

    "You're tired and when princesses like you are tired they should be carried." Carter shrugged, while kicking his door closed.I giggled at his words that were cheesy, but so cute.I didn't fight back and instead wrapped my arms around his neck.

     I rest my head on Carter's shoulder, watching the many trees around us.There was pebbles everywhere except on the trail Carter currently walked on.This place is very beautiful, everything here made me love it.The pebbles, the trees, the flowers and the ocean.I love this cliff that I have secretly labeled our cliff of love because this is where I realized I was falling for Carter and I remember how scared I was that day because I was scared of getting hurt.Scared of just feeling these emotions for him. But, I don't regret nothing because I'm in love, in love with someone who I would die for, and someone who I know I will always love.

   "Let's go for a swim." Carter whispered almost nervously the minute we reached the top of the hill, meaning we are on the cliff and it was a view to kill for. The sky looked different from any night I ever seen, the stars all decided to shine tonight and I was amazed at how many of them there was.The moon was full and it glowed, it was almost white unlike it's normal grey shade.And the water, the water was clear blue underneath the blanket of darkness called night.It was beautiful and I nodded, excited to swim in this lovely night fall.