already dead

flashback

"Gabrielle, hurry up and do this." Ten year old Bryson softly ordered his four year old sister, who was playing toy trucks with Liam.

The little four year old was dressed in a ballet outfit and cleats.Not such a good combination, but she just gotten back from a soccer game and ballet practice.She pouted, and her locks of curls bounced each step she took towards Bryson.

Bryson was babysitting Gabrielle and Liam until Dad got home with Zach, Kyden and Gannon from their soccer practices.However Gabrielle didn't want to do her preschool homework, instead she wanted to play with Liam.

Gabrielle sat at the kitchen counter with Bryson next to her making sure she wrote down the alphabet down on a blank sheet of paper.

"Bryson do you have secrets?" The small four year commented, as she continued doing her homework.

Bryson raised his eyebrows at the sudden question,"Why do you ask?"

"Because I have secrets." Gabrielle smiled like having secrets were the best thing on earth. Clearly she was to young to understand the whole concept of secrecy.

Bryson pretended to be shocked,"Oh really? Can you tell me them?" Bryson teased, but was actually curious to what a four year old can hide.

"Only if you tell me your secret." Gabrielle replied, with a big smile on her cute little face.

Bryson chuckled,"Fine, but you first."

Gabrielle began sticking up her fingers like she was counting, but she was counting her secrets. And by the amount of fingers in the air, she had four of them.

"I picked Gannon's nose when he told me he had gold in there." Bryson's eyes widen, he remembers Gannon crying because he nose hurt badly.

Apparently it started after his nap.

" I picked Liam's arm scab when he was sleeping." Gabrielle giggled.Once agian Bryson's eyes widen, Liam was screaming that he was bleeding from his arm a few weeks ago. He didn't know where his scab went, but now Bryson knew.

" I know that daddy is actually Santa." Gabrielle pouted, making Bry hold back a laugh.He had known for years now who Santa truly was.

"I also know that my real mommy's name is Daniella." Gabrielle whispered, beginning to write on her paper again.However Bryson was frozen in his place.

Brielle didn't remember much of their mother and she was actually confused what a mommy is.She calls our Aunt Marie mom sometimes in confusion, Dad or Aunt Marie didn't mind.But, the fact that she knew who Daniella is scares Bryson a little. He didn't want that lady in his or his siblings life ever again.

"Tell me your secret Bry! " Gabrielle exclaimed, almost falling out her seat making Bryson snap out his thoughts.

"I will, if you promise not to talk about your real mommy again. Daddy won't like that very much." Bryson lied, scaring the little girl.

Gabrielle is a big daddy's girl. From the minute he walks through the door and leaves they spend every possible waking minute together. Whatever "Daddy" didn't want or like then neither did Gabrielle. She is the princess and dad granted her every commanding wish.

"Deal, now tell me your secret!" Gabrielle's eyes twinkled with excitement.

"My secret is that ...I love you." Bryson scrunched his nose in a funny way making Gabrielle giggle madly, especially when he started tickling her.