I'm going to be happy

Gabrielle Marie Dasher

"You're going to be a great mother one day"

That simple sentence made my eyes widen.I tighten the hold on Derrick just so I wouldn't drop him.It was currently 10pm on a Saturday night and after talking all day to Weston, I came down to play with baby Derrick while we were all gathered in the living room.

I was running my fingers through Derrick's soft hair when my Uncle Ian blurted out that crazy idea out.My brothers instanly scowled.I knew their baby sister becoming a mom never crossed their mind, but it crossed mine before.

"You would make a hot mom." My aunt Marie exclaimed making me blush.Somehow I was always the center of embarrassment around my family.They always made comments about me that would start a never ending discussion.

Today's discussion -- Brielle being a mom.

I pecked Derrick's forehead as he played with his cars in front of me.I don't have experience with little kids except with Derrick.I never had younger siblings, sadly they stopped after I came and my cousins were older than I am.

"Over my dead body." Zachary commented, taking a swing from his first beer of the night.I looked at him, my eyes burned in to his flesh.Just looking at him made my blood boil.Looking at him was like looking at his lies--it disgusted me that we looked so alike.

We made eye contact for a brief moment until I broke it.I noticed Liam looking at me with a questioning look, but I shook him off.

"Trust me Zachy, the minute you hold your little niece or nephew it's the best thing ever" Aunt Marie gushed on and I turned super red when she started rubbing my flat stomach.

Gannon instanly glared and smacked my Aunt's hand away.My aunt slapped Gannon on the back of the neck for that.

"Oh shut up Marie, you dropped Kyden twice and you fed the twins candy corn when they were a day old!" My uncle Alexander teased, but it was very true.Kyden still had the scar on his head.I also remember my dad telling me Aunt Marie would crush up candy corn and put into our bottles.Now when ever Gannon and I eat candy corn, we instantly get sick.It was disgusting to us.

"I was a teenager back then Alex.But seriously the minute one of you hold Brielle's baby, you guys will turn in to puddy." My aunt Marie said sounding serious with a smile on her face.My aunt had so many nephews and three nieces, but I'm the only one she's close to. She must of been puddy when it came to us.

"Brielle wouldn't ever have time for that, it's not like she's ever leaving our side." Kyden chuckled, biting in to some cheetos.

"She's isn't even allowed to date, so it doesn't worry me." Liam commented, looking at me dead in the eyes.

"I would kill you if you suddenly came home with a belly." Gannon said, he laughed with my brothers.

I clenched my fist so hard, my nails were digging into my palm.There words stung even though I wasn't in that postion, but it stung me even more when Zachary began to speak.

"She wouldn't be a good mom anyways, she's to reckless and never had that type of figure in her life."

Every one froze to turn at me.He had took it to far--way to far from him as well.He didn't have to add in the part of me never having a mother like him.He spent more years with her than I ever will.He still remembers her, but I don't and I proably never will.

I handed my baby cousin to my Uncle.I got up as they all eyed me especially Zachary.I saw his regretful expression and it didn't phase me one bit.

Before I left the room, I looked at Zachary in the eyes and when I spoke I didn't see the person I admired as a child, I stopped seeing that person a year ago.