bye zachary

Gabrielle Marie Dasher

The wind kissed me, but not as gentle like Carter does.

The California breeze of the night wrapped it's self around my tighs, legs, ankles, stomach, back, and everything exposed by the black bathing suit I wore.

My hair was in a high ponytail, touching the midsection of my back which felt weird since I'm use to it being near my bum.

My eyes shifted next to me to find a smiling Carter,who was starting at me with awe in his face.The water reflected on his face making his face look slightly pale, but still he was beautiful.He wore pale blue shorts and no shirt laid acorss his toned muscles that caught your attention in a snap of a finger.

"You ready Sunshine?" Carter asked, reaching out for my hand.I almost sighed with relaxtion as he called me his favorite nickname for me.

I locked our fingers together, feeling his coldness run down my spine.It was alright because in a matter of seconds, I was going to warm him up with my hugs and kisses.

"I'm ready baby." I breathed, knowing how much he loved when I called him that.

I laughed with excitement as Carter and my footsteps ran across the cliff, jumping off it like we were birds.Our laughs and screams of excitement filled the lonley air around us.

I shot through the water, never once letting go of Carter.I felt the pressure of the ocean as we were near the bottom of it.I opened my eyes, suprised that the saltiness of the ocean was not burning my orbs and instead I noticed Carter looking right at me with his cheeks puffed out.

I started laughing making a whole bunch of bubbles erupt.The saltiness of the water was lingering on my lips by now and I felt the pressure increasing on my head, so that's when Carter and I began swimming back to the surface.

We gasped for air as soon as we got to the top.Our faces felt very cold from the wind, but our bodies were warm due to our closeness.

I giggled slightly when his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me close to his body.My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms hanged loosely on his shoulders.

"Next week." Carter blurted out as I pushed his hair back to stop the droplets of water from falling onto his face,"I'm getting a tattoo,will you come with me?" He asked, his pale lips tracing my lips with his index finger.

My lips danced in to a smile, happy that he was asking me to go with him.I knew he wanted this tattoo, I remember him telling me about it when we got locked in the janitor's closet.

Carter and I have been dating for a week now, almost two and now that we are together we try our hardest to be together all the time.We were still getting to know each other, and spending time together helped.

"I would love to.Are you getting it done at the parlour behind Burger king?" I questioned,remembering passing a tattoo parlour that was small and the only one in town.

Carter shook his head, looking slightly nervous. "No, my friend who's giving me the tattoo works in Laguna and San Francisco. I can't travel to San Francisco without my mom noticing, but I can drive to Laguna since it's five hours away."

My heart began to speed up a little at his words.

I haven't been to Laguna since I was a baby.I was just nervous being in the same City as my birth mother.Aunt Marie told me she had contacted her a few months ago, she still lived in Laguna, but that's all I knew.I didn't want to know anything about her.I doubt I would see her and that was perfectly fine with me.