another life with brielle // two pov

Gabrielle Marie Dasher

My foot harshly kicked the front door opened as my arms carried the heavy bags.I mentally scowled at myself for making some much noises knowing any minute any of my brothers could come down,and asking what I had brought home with me.I didn't want my night to come to a ruin so early just because they found a bunch of clothes,that went up against the rules they set for my attire,and the bottles of vodka.

However,Zachary walked out the kitchen with a bag of doritos in his hand.His large hazel green eyes instantly zoning in on me."Things for the sleep over tonight?" Zachary asked me, eyeing my bags with curiosity.

Zachary agreed into letting me attend this "sleepover" as long as I texted him if anything happened.He wasn't going to let me go until I told him I hadn't made a friend except this fake girl that I made up named Carina.Zachary felt bad for me.He and my brothers truly had the idea in their head that I isolated myself,and so the idea of me finally making friends persuaded them into allowing me to attend.

I had texted Carter,we exchanged numbers yesterday, to inform him of my little lie.He thought it was brilliant.I had to leave at eight so Zachary wouldn't suspect anything.The party started at ten.Carter had told me to go their place to just relax until the party started,and also let me get ready there.Of course with the permission of his friends,who also lived there.I found it strange how Carter lived alone with his two best friends,no adults,or guardians what so ever.It seemed like heaven to me except I had no one,but Weston who is states away from me.

I felt the excitement bubbling in my veins.I didn't want to have drink,or even smell alcohol tonight,but the toxic was something I could not resist.The way is numbs me makes me forget who I am.The way is makes adrenaline rush through my blood makes my heart pump with excitement.I also knew I wouldn't be able to turn down drugs if offered.I was just relieved that Zachary doesn't test me for that anymore.

"Yes.If you need me I'll be upstairs in my bedroom packing." I say overly sweet which makes me flinch at my stupidity.Never am I this nice to Zachary.I however need a way out considering the time -- 7:45pm.

I would of been home earlier,but after school Zach picked us up.There was no detention today, giving Carter more time to prepare for the party.We went out to eat,and I was dropped off at the mall with Liam.We went seperate ways after he met up with some girls.

I brought a cab back.

I grabbed a red duffle bag that said GMD in bold black letters with the number seven written underneath.The bag sent chills down my back,because it was a bag my dad gave me for me when I made the soccer team.He had been so excited for me that night,he was proud of me,and I wondered if he knew that one day he would give me up to become the property of an unstable man? My dad loved me,but I'm wondering when he stopped.

I returned to packing my dress,make-up,a straightener,the vodka,and a spare change of clothes.I also made sure to keep my windows unlocked incase I wasn't to drunk or drugged up to return home earlier than expected.

I stopped my packing once my phone began beeping signaling that I had a message.

Carter Rivers. : Are you on your way?

It was two minutes before eight.Time passed by fast when you're busy thinking of your past.I quickly responded,telling him that I was leaving my house before grabbing my bag.

I said goodbye to Gannon,as I passed his room as he got ready for his date.I said goodbye to Kyden as he screamed for me to be safe,and to get him some of the girl's numbers.

"Be safe Brielle, please text me." Zachary said sternly from the kitchen.His large hazel green orbs showed concern,doubt,and uncertainty in them.He was overreacting in my opinion.