I'm so happy I met you

Gabrielle Marie Dasher

"You know I love you right?"

My heart fluttered as I smiled at my hand as my other hand clutched the phone to my ear.

"And you know I love you right? You need to take care of yourself.Next time I see you I want you to be better than ever.Take it slow on the drinking." I said honestly as Weston's laugh echoed through the phone.

It hurt being away from my best friend.

What I had with Weston was a complicated relationship.I met him at school after we were assigned to be lab partners.He knew what happened to me because of the newspaper.He didn't care and didn't treat me any different unlike my so called friends.West wasn't a perfect child himself.He lived with his mother and aunt, his dad is in rehab for drugs.His aunt was a bartender and his mother worked two jobs, waitresses and cleans houses.

He was never paid attention to by his mother, so I gave him attention.He loved when my attention was always on him. That's why he never let me near guys, he wanted all my attention plus the guys in Jersey were jerks.West introduced me to drinking and other substances one night that he was drunk, he soon regretted it, but I thanked him for It because it gave me relief. He never allowed me to drink or smoke unless he was supervising me or joining me.

He had a girlfriend, Dorthy.His mom forced him to date her, but they weren't interested in each other.Often times I found myself sharing kisses with Weston, we were always there for each other.I never slept with him, we would just remove shirts and just touch. He knew I was still scared to be touched completely, and that's what I always admired about Weston.He was always patient with me.

I love him, but more as a friend. We could kiss and touch, but our friendship was more powerful than anything.

"I should be telling you that missy.And you need to tell me more about this Rivers guy, do you like him?" Weston asked in a serious tone.

I sighed.I didn't like Carter, he's just my close friend.He played with girls a lot as i heard and I could never screw our friendship up by dating him.Plus I don't even think I'm capable of feeling like that towards someone.But,even though I explained that to Weston about five hundred times he believes something is going on.

I didn't mention that almost kiss we had at the party because I was high and it could of all been in my head.

"I don't like him Wes, you know I suck at allowing myself to feel things." I answered bumly as I looked at the clock in the girls bathroom, detention was almost over. Today I walked in early telling the teacher I was having girl problems and she allowed me to remaim in the bathroom as long as I wanted.I was glad she didn't notice I was slightly buzzed.

I had been texting Weston all morning so he decided to ring me up.He updated me on things, Dorthy and him broke up...again, He went to a party which he said was boring without me and we talked about my birthday, I wanted go visit him..and Bryson.

It put guilt in me that I wasn't thinking of Bryson as much as I usually do, but he too barley thinks of me.

"How come you always allowed yourself to feel around me.Don't forget Bri, you cried on me, you've expressed your anger on me, and you even allow me to hold you close,to kiss you, to give you wamrth." Weston's voice suddenly got husky which got my face warm.I rolled my eyes playfully, trying to cover up the small pain I felt for not being able to see his face.

I remember telling Zach that I didn't want to move, that I didn't want to leave West and he told me I would meet better people than Weston.My brothers disliked him for taking me out to party, for skipping school with me, but my actions weren't his fault.