engaged runaways

Gabrielle Marie

I waved at Weston from the porch.Blowing him a kiss as he drove away in my car that I was letting him borrow for the night.We had both snuck out after the whole confrontation with my brothers.

Weston suggested I should visit Carter after the many messages I was receiving from him and he was going to borrow my car for the night.I knew he was going to a club with my neighbor, who I hadn't even met into Wes introduced me to him.

I turn around, ready to knock on the door, but instead I knock in to a hard chest.I jumped suddenly from the impact and it's not such a good thing being scared, outside at midnight.

"Did I scare you baby?" Carter whispers against my ear, making me smile as he pulls me closer to his chest.

"Yes, you did.Now, what is it that you were dying to talk about?" I reply back, wrapping my arms around Carter's neck as he laid his head on the crook of my neck.

Carter carefully backed us up in to the dark house, closing and locking the door.Instead of walking to an illuminated room or sofa, he sits him self down on the stairway with me straddling him.

"Something really bad happened. It's so bad that I have to leave town in a few hours, but there's a problem.I can't leave without you."

I pulled away from where my head laid on Carter's shoulder.I could only see the outline of his face due to the darkness, but I so badly desire to see his orbs, that always gave me comfort.My hands were getting clammy and I was just suprised, nervous about the words coming from Carter.

"Carter, what did you do?" I whispered, my voice shaking as goosebumps aligned my arms.

I could hear the sudden shaky breaths Carter was taking, making me even more nervous.I however didn't stop from rubbing my hands over his shoulders, to comfort him.

"I stabbed him Brielle." Carter breathed against my neck, his hands shaking against my waist.

My body held more tension than the air around us.I didn't know what to even think.My boyfriend, the guy who stopped my heart just by seeing him smile, had stabbed someone.He had hurt someone on purpose, tainting them and scaring them-- just like me.

"Say s-something baby." Carter quickly whispered and that's when I started to feel a moisture on my shoulder, from where Carter laid his head.

I had never seen Carter cried and just the thought of him crying made my heart clench with pain.

"Who did you stab baby?" I asked, running my hands through his smooth hair.Carter loved when I did this to him, he says it calms him down.

I was suprised at my actions.I could only pull him in closer as if someone were going to take him away from me.I would never love someone who hurt people just to do it, but no matter what Carter was an exception.

I love him. I wanted him, no matter how bad or dangerous he can be.He could act violent towards me when he's drunk and hurt someone, but I wouldn't care because I love him.

I have never imagined my first love to be a bit toxic, but then again I never expected to be in love. I never expected to feel the warmth in my belly whenever Carter kissed my nose before bed or when we wake up together. I never expected to feel so important when Carter would buy me food, flowers or take me to the cliff for swims.I never expected to be so in love that I had created my own little word with just Carter and me in it.

I love him .

I love him .

I love Carter.