boiling cigarette

Gabrielle Marie Dasher

Mondays suck.It was the day you returned from a beautiful weekend of relaxing and let me tell you, my weekend was the beautiful. Saturday was spent in bed watching movies with Carter,after a horrible hang over.I had to call Zach, telling him I was having such a great time that I wanted to sleep over again.After, a lot of begging he let me sleep over for another night.Sunday was spent doing homework with Timmy, Tuck and Carter then at the end,we rewarded our selves with a little bit of beer.It was great to untense myself.I went home Sunday night, my brothers completely bought my lie and I spent my whole Sunday night on the phone with Carter recalling the memories of our weekend well spent.

We talked about school, he explained to me about junior skip day and end of the year pranking.We talked about Jersey, he wanted to know how I managed to skip a grade and about the parties over there.I made sure to dodge anything involving parents or siblings, he did the same.It was two in the morning when we hung up and for the first time in weeks, I was exhausted.I slept like a baby...right through my alarm clock.My brothers didn't bother waking me up because they knew I barley get sleep, so they let me sleep in.It was now eleven and I was now just arriving at school.

Carter had texted me saying he overslept too and to meet him at his car during lunch time which was in a few minutes.I opened my locker, putting my bag in there.I grabbed my phone, putting it in the back pocket of my black shorts.I was focused on organizing my binder that I didn't even notice a tall figure coming up to me.

   "Hi." A husky voice spoke making me jump up in fear.I looked up next to my locker,to see a boy who was probably 5'8 with blonde hair that was cut short.He wore a blue varsity jacket that said "J Bennett", it looked like a football jacket.This guy was athletic, not only could you tell by the jacket, but by his arms.Muscles.He had dark eyebrows, small nose and pale lips.He was attractive like a lot of the boys in this town, but he too appeared cocky like many many many boys in this town, Carter included.And also he gave off a bad vibe.

   "Hi." I replied with a small smile on my face.I didn't want to appear mean, so all I could do was reply and smile.I still haven't made friends besides Timmy, Tucker and Carter.I tried to shrug off the way his eyes looked at my legs.He had a smirk on his lips which he probably thought looked daring, but it wasn't near as perfect as Carter's smirk.

Stop thinking of Carter, I shouted to my inner self.I think the reason I'm spending so much time thinking of him is because I spend a lot of time with him now and he is the only source of entertainment I have in this town.

   "Look babe,I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite on Friday." He said in a low husky voice.I couldn't decide if I should gag or laugh for calling me babe and asking me out as I would say yes.I never really dated.I went out on a date before with a boy named Lance.He was my first kiss ever, he never asked me to be his girlfriend and we never talked after he told his friends he wanted to "have fun" with me.Kyden found out and punched the daylights out of him.Like I said before,my brothers scared them away before they could ask me to be their girlfriend.I've kissed Weston before, we never dated though.I've always had a soft spot for West, one kiss from him always had me weak.I think Weston is the closest thing I have to a boyfriend, I love him, but more as a friend.No one in this world compares to my Weston.

And I wasn't going to go on a date with someone like J Bennett.Everything about him showed me he was exactly like Lance."No thanks." I replied, realizing I was almost finished setting up my books for my next class.The guy's face instantly fell in to a shock state.The dark brows on his face raised as his lips were in a O shape.I chuckled,slamming my locker shut and ready to walk away, but that was my mistake-- I thought I could reject the stranger and walk off,but it wasn't that simple.