beautiful sunshine

Gabrielle Marie Dasher

Skelton Paintings Tattoo Shop.

The blue bold letters printed across the dark tinted display window said it all.I stood hand in hand with Carter, crossing the street from where we parked his car to his friend's tattoo place.The shop was next to other shops that were ice cream shops, clothing shops and everything else you could imagine.

I went on my tippy toes to peck Carter on the cheek as he opened the door open for me.My man is truly a gentlemen.

A little bell rings as we enter making me jump slightly.The place was very unique.The walls were orange with pictures of piercings and tatts.There was a waiting room, where we currently stood in, there was a few chairs that were all empty.There was a cash register with no one behind it and next to it was a room with the little bed thing where the people lay down while getting the tattoo.

"Rivers!" A cheerful male voice screamed from next to us.A young man with black hair stood at the doorway of the bathroom, where he was coming from.He had a tattoo sleeve of different things like trees, money, religious signs and music lyrics.It was beautiful.He wore a white t-shirt and green basketball shorts with socks--he looked comfortable.

Carter gave the man a brotherly hug as they laughed and made small talk, then the guy's eyes landed on me.I felt intimidated by his tall posture,but I go no bad feeling about him which is a good sign to me.

"Well who do we have here?" The guy's eyes shifted between Carter and I.

Carter smiled, walking over to me and his hand went to the small of my back.I felt myself lean in to him automatically.The guy walks a little closer to us, and I had to look up to see him due to my height.

"Sunshine,this is my friend that I was talking about." Carter introduced,"Blaine, this is my girlfriend Brielle."

I hold back the huge smile that wants to arise on my lips from being called Carter's girlfriend.It was still almost impossible to believe, the very first person I met in Ocean Ridge has become my boyfriend and It felt good knowing he was.

Blaine's grayish eyes widen with shock as he extends his hand out for me.

"Nice to meet you." I politely say, shaking his hand.I felt Blaine's eyes taking in every deatil of me, it felt uncomfortable, but I didn't question it.Timmy and Tucker did the same thing when I first met them.

"Girlfriend? Since when did Carter Rivers ever settle down? Especially with someone as beautiful as you!" Blaine exclaimed, making my cheeks instantly heat up with a light shade of pink.

Carter coughed, giving Blaine the cue to shut up, making me laugh.I already knew that Carter doesn't like to settle down, just like my brothers.I didn't see why he still wanted to keep these things a secret, when I knew so much about him already.I heard plenty of rumors of his past girlfriends, but I didn't judge him.

"Come on, let's get this tattoo started and it will give me a perfect chance to get to know Brielle." Blaine smiled at us, leading us in to the room with the bed place.

The room was covered in colorful tattoo pictures and equipment.There was a whole station set up.There was a chair in the far corner that Blaine was putting next to the bed thing--that was my seat.

Blaine gestured for us to take our seats, I sat next to the bed thing while Carter laid on top of it.It was like those tanning beds that they have at pools, where you can bend them to the position you want.Carter currently had his half way up with his arms behind his head.

Blaine took a seat on a low rolling chair as he began messing with some equipment.He rolled from side to side, preparing what ever he needed.

I sat there quietly, playing with Carter's hand that was locked with mine.I'm suprised he still was holding my hand, I could of sworen my palm was becoming sweaty.