better without me

*Triggering events, you've been warned*

Gabrielle Marie Dasher.

          Have you ever felt that spark of happiness ignite in you and it feels amazing.It felt like a weight had been lifted off your shoulders and you could finally breathe, smile, and just be happy.I felt this way as I ran out my car, the minute I saw Carter run out on to his porch as if he were waiting for me.I didn't hold back, I ran right into his arms, my legs wrapping around his waist and arms around his neck.I could feel the bits of my heart coming together again.

    I inhaled his scent, cigarettes and beer.I could tell he has been smoking and drinking, but I didn't care, all that matters is that we're together again.

      "You smell like an airport." He roughly whispered into my ear, his voice sounded strained.I nodded, smiling a little at his choice of words.I did smell like an airport, I had just gotten back from New Jersey this morning with Bryson.We came to check up on the house that Marie was house sitting, but we would be going back tonight.

    Weston survived, sadly there was a down side. I woke up in a hospital bed, I am being treated for my anxiety again, but I assumed the absolute worse when I didn't see Wes near me.I thought he died and no words can describe the sour wrenching feeling that climbed through my blood when I taught I had lost him.When I finally saw him again, he was sleeping peacefully in his room, the heart monitor sounding like music to my ears each time it beeped.But, I got sad through the days because he wouldn't wake up.His heart pumped, but he wasn't there looking, talking or listening to me.It was like he wasn't ever here and Zachary making me come back to accompany Bryson was because he didn't think it was healthy for me to lock myself every night in Wes's begging him to wake up.

     Bryson was doing many things today, bills, errands and meetings with Liam's teachers.I knew he wouldn't notice me leaving the house until we had to leave for our flight, so Daniella arranged for me to sneak out to see Carter.I just needed to have him with me, he too is Weston's friends and also deserved to know what is happening.

   "We need to talk." He quietly said, squeezing my waist tighter. I looked at him, noticing his expression.Furrowed brows, lips in a thin line and a glint in his eyes that emitted anger.

    "What's wrong baby?" I asked, smoothing my fingertips over his cheek.I furrowed my brows at how he tried his hardest not to lean into my touch and succeed by moving slightly away from me.It made something in me flinch back.

    "You." He roughly spoke and his words were like someone punching you in the face.I was completely stunned from his suddeness, it shocked me to the point where I pinched myself to see if this was real.Carter isn't the type of disrespect or be mean to me, but this moment proved something else.

   "Excuse me?" I asked, taking a step back.I looked up at him and he looked very furious. I began questioning myself what I did wrong, what did I do for him to talk to me like this and what did I do for everything to suddenly start becoming worse.

     "You're a liar." He spat at me out of the blue.Have you ever said something and it would trigger you to rant, well these three almost four words triggered Carter to rant.To rant on words that shook the remaining pieces of my heart.

     "You are a liar.Everything you ever said to me was a lie, our whole relationship was a lie.The only thing in this world that I taught was real and beautiful was nothing but a lie." He said every word through gritted teeth, even bending down slightly to come to my eyelevel.