Respect

Deditcated to ouran4eva

Previously: As the last word was said, the spotlight landed on the girls' table.

"Looks like our spotlight has chosen!"

"No way in hell," Haruhi muttered, sinking down in her seat.

The Canadians look at each other. "Rock, paper, scissors?" They say at the same time.

The girls raise their fisted hands and bring them down.

"Rock, paper, scissor!" Sidney and Shaundra came out with paper while Theresa came out with rock.

"Damn it," Theresa mutters.

Sidney and Shaundra grin triumphantly and push Theresa all the way over to the platform and place her in front of the microphone. Many of the occupants in the restaurant cheered for her.

"Looks like we have a singer!" The voice boomed from its unknown location. "Bring up the machine!"

Two buff men jump onto the platform and bring up a prehistoric karaoke machine.

Theresa sweat drops. "How old is that thing?" She points.

One of the buff men shrugs and plugged the thing in. The machine whirred to life and the cracked screen showed a list of songs to choose from.

Theresa looks through the list, shaking her head slightly. "These are all oldies," She muttered, scrolling through the list some more. Her finger stilled once she came across a familiar title. Smiling slightly she presses a button, grabs the mic and turns around with her back facing the crowd.

A saxophone and a guitar were heard and the crowd cheered slightly, clapping their hands to the beat of the music. Theresa turned her head to the side and brought the mic to her face and began to sing with her foot tapping slightly.

Respect by Aretha Franklin (Bold=Theresa)

(oo) What you want

(oo) Baby, I got

(oo) What you need

(oo) Do you know I got it?

(oo) All I'm askin'

(oo) Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)

Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home

(just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)

She turns around completely with the hand that wasn't holding the mic placed firmly on her hip and an eyebrow quirked; giving off a little bit of attitude that made the crowd cheer.

I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone

Ain't gonna do you wrong (oo) 'cause I don't wanna (oo)

All I'm askin' (oo)

Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)

Baby (just a little bit) when you get home (just a little bit)

Yeah (just a little bit)

The spotlights moved to shine down on her, making her tan skin and dark brown hair glow. Her eyes were shining with amusement as she smiled into the mic.

Sidney, Shaundra and Haruhi were singing along to the music while cheering for their friend.

I'm about to give you all of my money