Lafayette-Hamiltime

You smiled as your best friend Eliza walked towards you in the ballroom.

"You look gorgeous!" You exclaimed when she walked up to you in a beautiful blue gown.

"You do as well," she replaced while hugging you. The two of you stood together and looked around the room. You could see many soldiers looking over at Eliza, everyone wanted to marry a Schuyler sister after all. Soon Angelica and Peggy joined the two of you watching everyone around the room.

You saw Eliza say something to Angelica before Angelica walked across the room to talk to a soldier. You smiled at her but sighed, bored with the ball already.

"Lets go find some soldiers to talk with (y/n)," Peggy said while grabbing your arm and dragging you into the center of the room. Soon two men approached you, one was shorter and was covered in freckles, the other tall with poofy hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"I'm John Laurens," the shorter one said. Peggy quickly introduced herself and the two started talking among themselves, each of them forgetting the friend they were with.

"Bonjour," the taller man said to you with a smile as you both realized John and Peggy were walking away to talk, "je m'appelle Gilbert du Montier Marquis de Lafayette, but you may call me Lafayette." You smiled as you noted his heavy yet charming french accent.

"Pleasure to meet you, I am (y/n) (l/n)," you replied. Lafayette reached for your hand and kissed it.

"The pleasure is all mine, you are very beautiful (y/n)," he told you, making you blush. "May I dance with you?"

"I would like that," you replied smiling even brighter. As Lafayette lead you to the dance floor you noticed Peggy was still talking to the other man that had approached you two. Across the room you could see Eliza and Angelica speaking to the man Angelica had approached earlier.

You smiled and danced the night away with Lafayette, the two of you making small conversation while dancing. You only took a break when Lafayette wanted to introduce you to his friends, Hercules Mulligan and Alexander Hamilton.

It turned out Alexander was the soldier speaking with Angelica and Eliza. Eliza seemed to have really fallen for him. By the end of the night you didn't want to leave the ball or Lafayette.

"(Y/n)? I do believe it's time to go," Angelica said with a small smile.

"I will write to you," Lafayette told you.

"I would like that very much," you admitted. Lafayette smiled at you before kissing your hand again and bidding you a good night. You walked out of the ballroom with a bright smile on your face.

"Looks like (y/n) likes someone," Eliza said with a smirk.

"I could say the same about you," you joked back. You were still smiling as you said goodbye to the sisters and went to your carriage, looking forward to reviving a letter from the charming Frenchman.