Maria Reynolds-Hamiltime

Excitedly walking down the street, you were heading to your good friend Alexanders house. You had know Alexander while growing up, he was almost 10 years older than you, which had caused you to look up to him more than actually be friends with him while growing up.

Years after Alexander left the Caribbean you left as well, and as soon as you arrived in New York alone, and heard about Alexander being there, you reached out to him. The two of you became friends quickly, both happy to have a reminder of home. As you reached Alexanders house a mail carrier walked up.

"I can take any mail for the Hamiltons," you told the man, and he quickly handed you the only letter for the house before walking off. You walked up to the front door and walked in, you tended to stop by every Wednesday at this time so Alexander often left the door open for you.

"Hello Alex!" You called into the house while walking in.

"Oh uh hi (y/n)," you heard from Alexander from his study.

"I have a letter from Eliza for you," you said while walking into the study, only to see a woman sitting in Alexanders office chair while he stood to the side, taking some money out of his desk. "Who are you and why are you in Alex's house?" 

"I'm Maria Reynolds, he was going to help me, I've had some issues with my husband," Maria told you.

"I was just going to loan her some money and make sure she gets home ok," Alexander explained.

"Oh you poor thing, why don't I walk you home and we can talk about it?" You offered with a small smile to Maria. You stopped to really look at her and truly realized how beautiful she is.

"I don't want to bother you," she told you.

"No bother, I bet Alexanders busy today anyway," you insisted before giving Alexander a pointed looks so he would agree.

"Oh yeah, I do have some work to finish up," Alexander said suddenly.

"Well, I guess I will go with you then," Maria agreed. You smiled and walked up, handing Alexander the letter then helping Maria up and leading her out of the house.

"I'll write to you later this week Alex," you called before leaving the house. Soon you were walking down the block with Maria talking about her abusive husband.

"You deserve better," you insisted.

"I guess, it's just so hard to get away from him," she explained.

"Why don't you stay with me for a few days, make a plan, just have some time away from him?" you offered.

"I wouldn't want to make you have to deal with me."

"Trust me, it would be no bother, it would actually be nice. I never have any company at home," you insisted.

"Alright, I do need to get a few things from home," she said, causing you to smile.

"Let's get your stuff and go to my house, I promise I'll keep you safe there," you replied with a bright smile, happy to know you wouldn't be alone at home and Maria would be safe.