Thomas Jefferson-Modern

You sat down at your usual seat at the bar, you often stopped there after work on Fridays, especially when you had a very long week. The bartender handed your your usual and you sat, drinking it slowly.

Your week was not that bad, you were just ready to have the next two days off.

"Hey there," a man said while sitting down beside you.

"Hi," you replied shortly, not wanted to deal with getting hit on today.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asked with a smirk.

"Nope, I'm good," you answered.

"Surely just accepting one drink won't hurt you," the man said persistently.

"I really don't need another drink," you demanded. The man ignored you and called over the bartender and asked him to get you another drink.

"There you go baby, no harm in me getting you a drink," the man said when the bartender brought you the drink.

"Please, just leave me alone, I'm waiting for my boyfriend!" you said exasperated. You knew you wee just digging yourself into a hole, there was no boyfriend to come rescue you, but you tried regardless.

"I don't know why he would leave a pretty thing like you to wait alone at the bar," the man said while leaning closer to you.

"Hey darlin' I'm so sorry I'm late. Work was just crazy today," a man said while sitting next to you and putting his arm around you. He had poofy hair and a bright magenta jacket.

"No worries babe, I'm just glad you're here now," you replied, so grateful for the man who came to your rescue.

"So this is the boyfriend? You could do better," the flirty man said with a laugh.

"What, like you? Your no where near better than my boyfriend!" You countered.

"Why don't you go find someone in your own league to flirt with," your "boyfriend" said. The man stood up and left, but not before shooting a glare at the two of you.

"Thank you so much for that!" You said as soon as the man was gone.

"Don't worry about it, you sounded upset so I figured I'd step in, do you want me to stay with you until your boyfriend gets here?" He asked.

"Actually, I don't have a boyfriend, I just wanted to get that man to leave," you admitted.

"I understand, I'm Thomas, Thomas Jefferson."

"I'm (y/n) (l/n), are you the Secretary of State?"

"Yep, that's me," he said with a bright smile.

"Well it's nice to meet you Thomas," you replied with a smile back.

"You as well (y/n), would you like to go to dinner with me? I understand if you don't I mean, we just met but I was going to go and I'd rather not go alone and" "I'd love to go with you," you interrupted.

"Sounds great," Thomas said. the two of you walked out of the bar debating where you wanted to go for dinner. Who would have thought something good would have come out of your experience at the bar.