James Madison-Hamiltime

Hi readers, this one got longer than usual, I really loved the idea and ran with it, I hope you enjoy it!

You had been writing to your brother often, and he had not answered. You knew he must be wrapped up in his work, he always got wrapped up in projects when the two of you were kids, but you were worried about him. You got tired of not knowing how he was and decided to visit him.

You walked up to his office and quickly got passed the secretary, barging into his room.

"I'm sorry I'm not taking visitors this afternoon," he told you without looking up from his work.

"I'm sorry I had to come visit because you weren't answering my letters!" you yelled at him, angry at his statement.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?" he asked in a softer tone of voice.

"Coming to visit you, to make sure you're ok. I've been writing Tommy and you aren't answering. I know you're getting wrapped up in work but can't your baby sister have some of your time?" you asked him, tearing up a bit. You and Thomas were very close as kids and you missed him terribly, first while he was in France and now with him being so wrapped up in work.

"I'm sorry, I just get so distracted," he apologized while walking around his desk to give you a hug, neither of you heard the door open.

"Thomas, is this a bad time?" Someone asked from behind the two of you.

"Oh, no, James come in. (Y/n) this is my friend and business associate James Madison, James this is my little sister (y/n)," you brother said, introducing you to the man who had walked in.

"It's nice to meet you, Thomas told me about you in the last letter he wrote me, nearly a year ago," you said, spitting the last few words at Thomas with some anger.

"It's great to meet you as well, Thomas talks about you a lot," James told you.

"Oh does he, he never seems to have time to write to me. I had to come all the way here to see how he was doing!"

"He does get very wrapped up in his work, often so distracted that he forgets appointments and I have to come find him," James agreed.

"Oh yes he does get so focused that he forgets a lot, has since we were kids," you replied.

"Thank you both for complaining about my work habits. (Y/n), I do have some things that have to get done today but, how about I take you for dinner? We can talk about everything I've missed telling you about the last few months," Thomas offered.

"I would love that," you admitted.

"Wonderful, why don't I pick you up at 7, where are you staying?"

"With Nancy, you do remember her don't you, wonderful friend, she moved near here with her husband. How about I meet you back here at 7?" you offered.

"Sounds great, I'll see you then baby sister," Thomas said before giving you one last hug.

"Why don't I walk you out," James said as you turned towards the door. You nodded to accept his offer and walked out of the room with him.

"You know, (y/n), I could write to you about how Thomas is doing, if you would like."

"I would love that, I know he'll promise to write more but, he won't be able to, he's too engaged in his work," you said.

"Don't you worry, I do try to make him get adequate breaks, even if he doesn't always listen," he replied with a chuckle.

"I'm glad he has someone as kind as you looking out for him," you responded with a smile, "I would love if you would remind him to write occasionally, and if he does need a break maybe try to send him home for a visit? I do wish I could see him more."

"I'll drag him to visit you in Virginia if I have to," James told you.

"I like that idea," you replied with a small smile.

"You like the idea of me having to force your brother to stop working and visit you?" He asked, looking confused.

"I like that you would come with him to visit me," you explained, blushing.

"I would like that as well, Thomas often talk as about how wonderful you are, and after meeting you I couldn't agree more," James told you, making you blush. At this point the two of you had walked all the way to the door of the building, with pausing to talk along the way.

"I should get going, thank you for everything you do for Thomas. Please do write, to keep me updated about Thomas or just to write if you'd like. I really do enjoy receiving letters," you said with a smile before turning and walking out of the building. You couldn't be happier with the way the day had gone.