Peggy-Modern

Thank you all so much for 1k reads! I'm so happy with the response I've gotten to this story so far. Please remember to comment or message me with requests!

Peggy ran after her sisters downtown, afraid to get separated from them or get in trouble. Soon they passed a huge candy store, and she couldn't resist all of the chocolate she could see inside. Calling to her sisters as she walked in, Peggy quickly went into the store.

You were filling a bag with all of your favorite candy, happily humming to your self. You quickly turned around and ran into someone, causing you to fall backwards onto the ground.

"I'm so sorry," they said while helping you stand up.

"It's alright, I wasn't playing attention," you replied with a smile.

"Neither was I. I'm Peggy by the way," she told you.

"Nice to meet you, I'm (y/n)."

"Why don't I buy you that bag of candy to say sorry?"

"Alright, I'll never turn down free candy," you replied with a laugh. The two of you walked around the store, both of you filling up your bag of candy.

There was a long line at register when you were done so you got to know each other more. Once Peggy paid for the candy you decided to go sit on a bench outside and eat some of it together.

It was a nice early summer day, not to hot but nice enough that neither of you needed a jacket. The two of you sat and talked for nearly half and hour before hearing someone yell.

"Margarita Schuyler where have you been!" A girl in a pink dress yelled while walking up to the two of you.

"I was here Angie, I told you I was stopping."

"No you did not." The other girl in a blue shirt answered.

"I did, you two just never listen to me!" Peggy exclaimed.

"Why are you here anyway?" The first girl, Angie, asked.

"I wanted candy, and then I got excited and accidentally ran into (y/n) so I bought us candy and we've been sitting here and eating it ever since." Peggy explained.

"I'm (y/n) (l/n), it's nice to meet you," you said with a small smile.

"I'm Eliza, and this is Angelica, we're Peggy's sisters." The girl in the blue explained.

"Nice to meet you, but Peggy we have to go home before dad gets off work, remember?" Angelica said.

"You're right, it was nice meeting you (y/n), I'm sorry about tripping you again," Peggy said with a smile.

"No problem, can I have your number as a final apology?" You asked with a small smile while holding out your phone. Peggy blushed but put her number in nonetheless.

"I'll call you," you told her with a smile before watching the sisters walk off. You were upset that you fell, but at least you got a cute girls number out of it.