Chapter 1: How it began for her.

I was sitting there by myself, eating a fruit I had bought, when they showed up. They were beating up stormtroopers, and their droid was flying the ship. I looked at them in amazement. I thought nobody would dare to fight the Empire. I was no fan of those...how do I describe them, I wonder? Anyway, I was watching them. There were two of them. One twi'lek, one not. The twi'lek wasn't very old, only about seventeen or so. The man was about twenty. They flashed looks at each other, and gave sarcastic comments. But they were fighting. Against the Empire, ah, there's the word, that the Empire was. And I knew right then and there that I wanted to join them. Now, I was still just a kid back then, technically. I was twelve years old, but felt older, and sometimes acted like it too. But I knew that I needed to join them. So, once the fighting was over, I approached them.

"Hello?" I asked, getting up behind the twi'lek. That was a bad move. She spun around and smacked me in the face.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I yelled.

She shrugged, "You got up behind me. I thought you were attacking."

I shook my head. "No! I was gonna ask if you guys were reb-"

"Shh!" they chorused, then the twi'lek motioned for me to follow her. I did so, and I crossed my arms as I glared at her.

"Can I finish my sentence now?"

They nodded.

"I was going to ask if you guys are rebels." I told them. The two looked at each other and nodded.

"So, your not going to tell anybody, are you?" the twi'lek asked.

I scoffed at that. "Stars no!"

Both of them smiled and relaxed when I said that.

"I'm Hera Syndulla." the twi'lek introduced.

"I'm Sabrina Tano."

"And I'm Kanan Jarrus." the man told me.

Now, before I go any further, my dad was a Senator, so I could pick out lies pretty well. And I knew that man was lying.

"So, you won't tell any other bucketheads we were here?" Kanan asked.

I shook my head and pulled him into a different alleyway.

"What's your deal?" he asked.

I crossed my arms, "What's your real name?"

"What are you talking about?"

"My dad is a Senator, and your name isn't Kanan Jarrus. You can't lie to a senator's daughter. It doesn't work. So, spill it."

Then we were silent and glaring at each other.

"Just tell me." I snapped. "I have no patience."

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes, "Fine. It's Caleb Dume."

"So, are you and Hera have a group of rebels or something?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, but so far, only me, her, and her droid Chopper are in it. Why?"

"I don't like the Empire." I said. "And I want to join."

"Let's go talk to Hera."

After they talked, I was afraid of the answer. Finally, they turned to me, smiling.

"Welcome to the crew." Caleb smiled. I called him that for a while afterwards. If sounded better than his fake name did.

"Thanks!" I grinned. "Hey, is that what you guys live in?" I asked, motioning to the ship behind them.

"Yeah."

"It got a name?" I asked.

"No, not yet." Hera shook her head. "And is that one yours?"

"Yep! She's called the Blaze. Blame the name on my little sister, she wanted to name it." I explained.

"Cool ship." we chorused.

"So, I know you fly." I said.

Hera nodded and grinned. "I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship."