Chapter 21: Protector of Concord Dawn.

A few days, maybe a week later...

Finally getting back into canon!

Here we go!

We needed a new hyperspace way to go, nah, we needed a new hyperspace route, so Sabine and I chose to try and convince some supposedly non-Imperial Mandalorians.

Yeah, we were so wrong.

Along with some Phoenix Squadron members, Sabine, Hera, and I went out to talk to them.

That didn't go well.

Right as one of the Mandalorians demanded to know what our business was, I could tell that wouldn't end well.

I tapped on the comlink and yelled, "Hera! No! It's a trap! They're with the Empire!"

"We're rebels," Hera answered him, ignoring me, "And we request safe passage through your territory."

"Well, as your friend has said, we're Imperial. Turn around now, or you'll be destroyed." the Imperial replied.

Yet Hera tried to convince them.

Then we were all fighting.

"This isn't working! Everyone, back to the command ship!" Hera ordered.

"Copy that, Phoenix Leader," most everyone in the air replied as they left.

But not Sabine or I.

"Hera, your crazy! You can't stay here alone! I'm not leaving!" Sabine disagreed.

"Sabine, go. Sabrina, you too. I'll be right behind you."

"No!" Sabine and I yelled.

Finally Sabine left, but I didn't.

So you could imagine I fought all I could to help her.

But my own ship got hit bad enough that I had to land, so I went back to the command ship, guilty as anything.

The rest of the crew rushed toward me the second my feet hit the ground.

"Sabrina, are you okay?" Ezra asked.

"Sabrina, where's Hera?" Caleb wondered.

"Okay, for one, I'm fine. Thank you for caring, Ezra. And Kanan, if I knew, wouldn't I tell you? She said she would be right behind me, but she's not-"

Yet right as I was about to say that, her ship landed in flames.

Now, that wasn't good.

Everyone who saw that rushed toward the ship. Especially all is in the Ghost crew.

"Kanan?" Sabine asked, worriedly. "Kanan, I see her. It's bad! Hurry! Please hurry!"

Caleb rushed over, cut open the ship, and got her out of it.

It was horrible.

She had cuts and bruises everywhere we could see, and she was un-conscious.

"Hera, you'll be fine. Okay? You'll be okay." Caleb told her, not sounding convinced himself, but it wasn't the time to get sassy, so I didn't.

Yeah, I know, me not being sassy, right?

"Kanan..." Hera whispered, grabbing his hand.

"Hold on, we're getting you to the med-bay."

So he rushed her away.

****

"This is him," Sabine said, pulling up a hologram, "Fenn Rau. This is who we're up against."

"Sabine, he's not the enemy, and your not getting revenge." Caleb disagreed.

Both Sabine and I scoffed at that, and shook our heads.

"Kanan, she's getting revenge." I told him. "And I'm doing it with her."