Chapter 19: The dream.

At first I saw the past.

****

"Mom!" three little girls were yelling.

"It's okay! Just hold on tight! Arianza, stop smacking Sabrina. Sabrina, stop taunting stormtroopers. We're trying to get away from them! And Skyla, just keep doing what your doing." a Torgruta lady was telling her small kids.

Jedi were falling, and stormtroopers were rising.

****

"Hey! Lady!" a teenager yelled. There was a survivor. Well, more like six survivors.

The Torgruta lady, who was only about twenty or so, managed to keep her husband and kids hidden until everything else was safe.

The boy that had yelled rushed toward the family, his lightsaber dangling down his belt, which really wasn't safe.

"Hey, are all you people okay?" he asked.

"Yes. Thank you." the man of the family nodded as he stood.

"Good. Just making sure. Those clo- stormtroopers, really aren't nice people anymore. You guys got a safe place to go?"

"Nope!" one of the little girls, the Torgruta one, shook her head.

The rest of the family rolled their eyes.

"I'm Skyla! Nice to meet you!" the little girl grinned.

The teenager chuckled at her and gave a small smile.

"Hi. I'm Caleb Dume. Nice to meet you, too. I can probably help you find some shelter. I need to find some for myself as well."

"Okay! You know my name. The brown head is Sabrina. She's only four. I'm only tree. And the other brown head is Kr- I mean, Arianza. She's tree, too."

"Okay, I have some questions about that." Caleb announced.

"Shoot." the man of the little family told him.

"Sure. What does she mean by tree? And why is she calling the others brown heads? And what's your name? And sorry, I always ask questions. That will probably never change."

"Well, she means three, for starters. Brown heads is her version of saying brown hair. As for my name, I'm Lux Bontari and my wife over here is Ahsoka Tano. But you can't tell anyone."

****

Then some recent things, like me running into Zack again, then meeting Arianza.

But also some things that hadn't happened yet.

Zack and I were standing next to each other, hand in hand. We were a few years older, watching a couple of little kids.

One kid had a bright blonde hair and brown eyes, like Zack a bit, while the other had wild brown hair and bright blue eyes. They were playing with a couple of twi'lek kids, with an older Kanan and Hera watching them.

****

Zack and I stood hand in hand, looking into each other's eyes. Unlike last time, there were no children running around. Zack and I looked at each other and grinned as we said something, I don't know what.

But we were happy.

Everyone around us was happy.

For some reason, I, of all people, was wearing a white dress. Zack was wearing a tuxedo, which I wasn't very surprised about.

We said something else, then kissed.

****

Kanan and Hera were older, too. A couple of twi'lek kids were around them. The kids were hugging Hera's leg as she was crying.

"Why..." she was saying.

"Sweetheart, you know that's how the Empire is. You shouldn't be so surprised." Caleb replied, holding her hand tightly.

"But... I never thought they would go this low!"

"Hera, you remember what happened on Cynda, right?"

"But that's different! This is a metal monster!"

"Momma?" one of the kids asked.

Hera sniffled and wiped away a tear as she looked down. "Yeah?"

"Who's gonna tell Skyla about her dad?" the little boy wondered.

"Honey, he's fine."

"In a way, he's not."

Hera nodded, "True."

"Momma?" asked her other child, a little girl, "Who's going to tell Sabine about Mandalore?"

Kanan and Hera looked at each other, then pointed.

"No! You do it!"

They both sighed as Hera said, "You know she's going to be devastated. She finally made peace with her family, and now this..."

"And who's gonna tell Ezra?" the little girl continued.

Silence.

"He's been slipping down further lately." Kanan said quietly.

"With Jedi training?" Hera asked him.

"No. With the Force. He's not using the right side. And after this... I fear he'll plunge us all into darkness."